Skydiving update! :D

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well just to let anyone know who's interested im still determined to become a qualified skydiver and get my A licence. However due to the sh*t UK weather my progress has been limited to an amazing 2 jumps so far ha!! so ive decided to go to Madrid for 10 days to go and do the fast track course called the AFF! woohoo! should be completed in a few days with my 10 additional jumps, so i'll be taking a look around the city and staying there for the champions league final too, so i cant wait for the atmosphere! hopefully barcelona will go all the way and win it at the bernabau just to stick it to them! :p

Has anyone been to madrid before? any recommendations on site-seeing, things to do etc from personal experiances?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    'Fast Track' and jumping out of a plane sounds like a bad mix to me ;)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nice one mate icon_smile.gif
    Madrid is on my list to visit, I've been to a fair bit of spain(aside the british side of things lol) and still not been to Madrid. My bro in law went there last year for a gig and said the place was stunning, I'd ask him for some info but I doubt he'd be much use given his short stay there.
    Let me know what you think of it when you get there.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nice one mate icon_smile.gif
    Madrid is on my list to visit, I've been to a fair bit of spain(aside the british side of things lol) and still not been to Madrid. My bro in law went there last year for a gig and said the place was stunning, I'd ask him for some info but I doubt he'd be much use given his short stay there.
    Let me know what you think of it when you get there.

no problem mate, will do! i'll be getting my AFF onto DVD so may upload it for you to have a quick peek at ;). only 1 month to go :D

• AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    why don't you do it in Australia :D may be cheaper!
    I did a sky dive in Cairns, it's gorgeous up there :)
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That sounds excellent Nel! Let us know how you get on :D
    AlanJames wrote: »
    why don't you do it in Australia :D may be cheaper!
    I did a sky dive in Cairns, it's gorgeous up there :)

haha, that would be just wishful thinking. i'd probably never come back to the UK and just stay there as an illegal immigrant! :D

nel wrote: »
    haha, that would be just wishful thinking. i'd probably never come back to the UK and just stay there as an illegal immigrant! :D

no need to be illegal, stay two years on working holiday visa, if your under 30 then apply for perm residency while your at it icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    no need to be illegal, stay two years on working holiday visa, if your under 30 then apply for perm residency while your at it icon_smile.gif

You can actually do that? can you pick up any type of work you wish too? i know a few people who have went over on a working visa but work on farms and places like that! if thats the case i know where im heading! :D

You can actually do that? can you pick up any type of work you wish too? i know a few people who have went over on a working visa but work on farms and places like that! if thats the case i know where im heading! :D

In theory you get a 1 year visa and do whatever work you like\can get. You then apply for an extension for the second year I believe they want you to work picking fruit etc, it's tough work and no one wants to do it hence the stipulation. I don't know how rigorously enforced this is tho, but gotta be worth a look.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The sky diving sounds very cool indeed!

You would miss your beloved football team too much fella ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And (relatively) uncensored internet, and M rated games.....where's the fun :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Me and Dynamik (and my wife of course) are going skydiving at the end of the summer. It should be pretty fun :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    Me and Dynamik (and my wife of course) are going skydiving at the end of the summer. It should be pretty fun :)

I guess that means I'm uninvited then. Jerk. I didn't want to go anyway.
    :study:
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have to admit, it would be kind of funny if we all died and wiped out the majority of our team...
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230

Well I think brits and irish make up the mijority of illigal immigrants here. if you do 3 months picking fruit you can stay another year ;)
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    I have only done gliding with a parachute, never had the urge to throw myself out of a perfectly working aeroplane.

Gold Coast however has a very good sky diving record. Might be another place you want to hurl yourselves to the ground if you head out this way!
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    I guess that means I'm uninvited then. Jerk. I didn't want to go anyway.

I didn't know you were in! You are now! You can strap to dynamik. He loves hot grinding with other dudes' backsides.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    AlanJames wrote: »
    Well I think brits and irish make up the mijority of illigal immigrants here. if you do 3 months picking fruit you can stay another year ;)

Fruit picking seems much more fun than my current job! highlight of my day so far is eating a pack of skittles!! i have come to the conclusion that a combination of the red and blackcurrent ones are my favs! haha :)

Paul Boz wrote: »
    I didn't know you were in! You are now! You can strap to dynamik. He loves hot grinding with other dudes' backsides.

Paul, you guys will love it! you've gotta get it filmed! its well worth it imo!