I'm choosing electives in MCSE: Designing category

asreyesasreyes Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Exam 70-297
Designing a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure

Exam 70-298
Designing Security for a Windows Server 2003 Network

Exam 70-285
Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization

Eventho I hated designing, I have to take one here to complete my MCSE2003. Which is lesser evil among the listed exams? Which one is famous?

Comments

• Options
    MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please can someone say something about this post cos am also interested in your veiws on which is less evil.
  • Options
    jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i don't know which is the lesser as i haven't taken any yet. But i'm studying for the 70-298 exam and find it builds on the 70-291 stuff alot. i haven't taken 70-293 yet but thats on my list of studies to come still. Had to buy the 298 book for a class i'm taking so i thought i might as well study for the cert while i'm at it.
  • Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Well I would not take Exchange 2003 exam at this point as that is technology that is old and people are migrating off of it. I would think the 70-297 or 298 would both be beneficial as security and design work makes you understand the infrastructure at a higher level. I have taken both of these exams and they seal up the knowledge you have learned over the course of the infrastructure as a whole. Good luck.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    Pennystrader thanks that was really helpful.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Both design exams are focused (primarily) on topics covered heavily in either 293 or 294.

If 293 was easier for you take 298
    If 294 was easier for you take 297

My 2¢
  • Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Glad I could help Micernest.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've heard that 70-297 AD is the most complicated one with a lot of trap questions and hard sims. I picked 70-298 SECURITY since I wanted to learn more about that topic and passed on first attempt.

To be honest, don't get to focused on what exam is the hardest to pass - Focus on what you are most interested in to get more expertice in that area. Secondly, if you get more deep into security it can look better on your CV - Security is a hot topic today! If you pick the security design, then I can recommend the SYBEX book to go along with the Microsoft Press book.

BEST OF LUCK icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Ok thanks...Am already thinkin Security. Wat is the book called? Is it possible to get d pdf format?
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not much to add to this post as I think the main points have already been made:
    Well I would not take Exchange 2003 exam at this point as that is technology that is old and people are migrating off of it.

Agreed
    Cosmocat wrote:
    To be honest, don't get to focused on what exam is the hardest to pass - Focus on what you are most interested in to get more expertice in that area. Secondly, if you get more deep into security it can look better on your CV - Security is a hot topic today!

Totally Agree
  • Options
    Ok guys i need help...i want to choose one exams for my elective and after going through so many courses i decided on Exchange and Windows7 (mind you i have taken Vista for the client). So i need your help to decide. Win7 or Exchange? I need the one with less stress and simple to pass. Thanks guys