Options

what kind of entry level job can I get?

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
hello everyone,

I have a bachelors in technology management, so I had many courses that had pertained to both business management, time management and organization, along with computer networking classes. Untill now, I have not really known what my niche is but I wanted to know if anyone has any advice on what kind of entry level jobs I could apply for or will be qualifed for someone that has no previous IT experience but I do have about 3 years of call center experience..Should I go towards the business side or a combination of it...since I have a degree that is a combination of management and IT

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Helpdesk.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    blargoe wrote: »
    Helpdesk.

Pretty much sums it up.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i wouldnt JUST say helpdesk. it depends on what you're trying to do. if you want to mix both biz & IT, you could go for QA, or Business Analyst as well....there's a number of entry level positions out there for those 2.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    i wouldnt JUST say helpdesk. it depends on what you're trying to do. if you want to mix both biz & IT, you could go for QA, or Business Analyst as well....there's a number of entry level positions out there for those 2.

True. This was the guy who was creating jobs on his resume and lying about experience. Perfect fit for business these days.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    True. This was the guy who was creating jobs on his resume and lying about experience. Perfect fit for business these days.

lolz...oh this was the dude eh?
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    yess..i know..i am not going to lie anymore on my resume...okay..what is a QA..?
  • Options
    curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any Hardware Maintenance experience? If so, PC Tech?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    keeranbri wrote: »
    yess..i know..i am not going to lie anymore on my resume...okay..what is a QA..?
    Quality Assurance
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I do not have any hardware maintenance experience...the only experience I have is about 4 years of call center experience but its not help desk..its doing customer service. With only a Bachelors degree and no certifications..if you were me ..is help desk or tech support the only job that I would be lucky to get into..or should I try Quality assurance as earweed said.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    keeranbri wrote: »
    I do not have any hardware maintenance experience...the only experience I have is about 4 years of call center experience but its not help desk..its doing customer service. With only a Bachelors degree and no certifications..if you were me ..is help desk or tech support the only job that I would be lucky to get into..or should I try Quality assurance as earweed said.

Take into consideration what you want to do. All in all, Helpdesk is probably the easiest thing for you to get into given your actual experience.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Thank u....I'm thinking of going into nursing and becoming a LPN instead...has anybody switched careers like that