Options

Printer problem on server 2003

han.nethan.net Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a server 2003 PC connected to a PC having Dell laser printer .
I use RDP to log to that through server 2003 to print . I get several pages printing binary thing ( rubish) . I tried to update the drive from dell site and I got the drive is latest one . can you help please .

Regards

Comments

• Options
    rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    han.net wrote: »
    I have a server 2003 PC connected to a PC having Dell laser printer .
    I use RDP to log to that through server 2003 to print . I get several pages printing binary thing ( rubish) . I tried to update the drive from dell site and I got the drive is latest one . can you help please .

Regards
    Please clarify, so the printer is directly connected to PC A and is shared out. Then the Server is mapped to the printer. Then from a totally differant computer say PC B you remote into the server and try to print via PC A???

Do you know how to totally remove the print drivers from a PC? Go to Printers and Faxes and delete the printer. Then from Printers and Faxes go to File...server properties. Go to the Drivers tab, find the driver and remove it. Then re-install. Then go to the server and do the exact same thing, make sure you completely remove the drivers or else re-mapping again will just reslult in using the corrupt/bad drivers.