Options

CVOICE complete...next!

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
Completed the first step, or second if you include the original CCNA-V requirement when I started this off, towards my CCVP.

Now a weekend to relax before doing ITIL Foundation in the next 2 weeks. I really see this as ISO9000 revisited with a new name, and fairly pointless. But the sheep like employers that must have the "next dumb idea accreditation" that they've been marketed seem to think it's important (in Australia anyway).icon_lol.gif

Then onto something meaningful with CIPT1 in May.

Comments

• Options
    geezer301geezer301 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    INE has two free voice vSeminars covering CUCM - April 12 and 16.

"http://blog.ine.com/"
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

So this makes you a "Double CCNA:Voice" -- right? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    geezer301

yeah, saw that email from INE this morning. as they are limited places, have to work out how many hours before to login, and haven't checked the time difference yet. could be another 2am my time. :D

mikej412

yep, got the double, probably not a lot of those since it was re-jigged last year. and i don't see that as a loss either, you can do so much more in CVOICE having done IIUC.

so on a 5 exam track i'm 20% complete. or on the old 6 exam track i'm 33% complete. either way it feels damn good.:D and IIUC was a great primer.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Nice one fella congrats icon_smile.gif

Know what you mean about the ITIL, it's being pushed heavily here in the uk too still if there paying bring it on lol

CBT Nuggets now have v6 for CIPT worth a look if you've not got em already.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats mate!! icon_cheers.gif

What are those ITIL tests all about anyways? I don't know anyone here in the US who has taken them.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Cheers.

Looking forward to CIPT1. Have my VMware box, 2 MCS7825 class servers (bought when CCM 4.x was in fashion), the CIPT1 book & nuggets, books on server 2008/exchange 2007 (to setup a small domain for integration) and other misc training material. Now if I could only "find" CUCM8...icon_lol.gif

ITIL? Haven't actually started looking at it yet, but have worked for a telco that was into it. But my understanding is it's a method of continual improvement in IT service delivery. Things like documentation (who would have thought we'd ever need that), flow charts on how to log a service call, how to resolve a service call, KPI's, SLA's... all the very obvious things, things you can measure, quantify and improve against. Seems to be the "next big thing". Just need to find some decent CBT for it, one that doesn't put you to sleep.

It's like (a few years ago) somebody said they were going on a Six Sigma course, hadn't heard of it and asked what the course was about. "It's a course about delivering projects right the first time". I think I actually laughed, after all I've never worked anywhere where they PLAN to deliver a project on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Esp for a fixed price project. I was thinking ka-ching, ka-ching, the Six Sigma mob say you coming.:D

Unfortunately my idea of funny doesn't always go down well with management.icon_sad.gif

8<
    OK, after trying to watch ITIL CBT's and read the text for a day and a half, have put ITIL on hold. It's about as interesting as watching paint dry, but with out the fumes to keep you going. I'd much rather invest in doing CIPT1.