Options

Hi!!!!!!!

AristotleAristotle Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks,

I am new to this site. I am planning on Taking Network + Exam At the end of december. I found this great website, very resourceful, and hopefuly it can be useful for me along the way.

If you guys have any suggestion on study tips, please let me know. I am using sybex for my Network + studies. Any comments and suggestion from past experience would be appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone know where I can Purchase Network + vouchers at a good Price?

Thanks

Aristotle

Comments

• Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    www.getcertified4less.com

Gawd

(I think theres a link on this site somewhere too thats some sort of TechExams Members Link or something)
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aristotle wrote:
    Hey folks,

I am new to this site. I am planning on Taking Network + Exam At the end of december. I found this great website, very resourceful, and hopefuly it can be useful for me along the way.

If you guys have any suggestion on study tips, please let me know. I am using sybex for my Network + studies. Any comments and suggestion from past experience would be appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone know where I can Purchase Network + vouchers at a good Price?

Thanks

Aristotle

Welcome!

Study tips hmmm... let's see... OSI model, common port numbers, token ring, IP Class (A,B,C) and their ranges, common sense will also helps alot.

A lot of scenerio questions. icon_wink.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Examvouchers.com has good discounts on exam vouchers as well.
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the best prices i have seen are at getcertify4less when they have those early expiry exams. They expire in two days, but the price i recently saw was $129 bucks for Net+ and A+ for $69.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feed back people.

I am in my 4th year of College, hopefully getting my Bachelor of Commerce, in Information Technology Managment In April, so as soon as my finals are over in mid december, I plan to book my exam 2 weeks thereafter. I been through the study material for Network + once before. I will give my self 2 weeks more to refresh my memories. do you guys think this is adequate time frame?

Thanks once again.

Aristotle
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cheers and good luck!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    dave pearsdave pears Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I recently passed (last week in fact) ...use the study notes from this site...i think the sybex book is a very good point of refernce ,but it is "overkill" .... i used several test engines (study hall,exam cram,and preplogic) as well as the dummies guide to net +, its best to cover everything (including appletalk prtocols) as on test day they can throw anything at you!!!! best of luck with the studying
  • Options
    What do you mean by over kill??

Aristotle
  • Options
    ForensickForensick Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do you mean by over kill??

He means that the books gets into too much detail about stuff that isnt really required for the test. At least thats what I think about that book.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification.

Oh yea, I agree on that point. I used the sybex book for A+ as well, I felt it was way to much information. However cant complain, I rather have a book that is loaded with goodies, rather then a book that lacks it.

For Netwrok+ the technotes in this site seem great. They are straight to the point and yet detailed enough.

Aristotle
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    Weird, I had the opposite problem. I thought my Sybex Net+ Book didnt cover nearly enough.

Gawd