PrepLogic MegaGuide

RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
....Is only $1 until Sunday. I believe MikeJ posted this in another thread, so I decided to peek in and see if this was on there.

and it was :) Regularly a $35 value, only for a dollar now. You are given access for I think 3 years to download the PDF from their site.

Going to buy it, only because it is just a dollar. Any extra material can't hurt :) Especially for the price of a 5 layer burrito from taco bell!

Microsoft - Windows 7 Configuring Mega Guides
"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not that familiar with Preplogic, are their products any good?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ....Is only $1 until Sunday. I believe MikeJ posted this in another thread, so I decided to peek in and see if this was on there.

and it was :) Regularly a $35 value, only for a dollar now. You are given access for I think 3 years to download the PDF from their site.

Going to buy it, only because it is just a dollar. Any extra material can't hurt :) Especially for the price of a 5 layer burrito from taco bell!

Microsoft - Windows 7 Configuring Mega Guides

Tell us how you like the 680 guide. I think I am going to pick up, 290 291 680 and 351. I might pick up an exchange or sql guide as well.

I used their material before, it was decent

* I did just do some tech editing for them (CCNP switch) so I want to disclose that.
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Well after about an hour of just glancing through it, it is well worth the $1.

Basically, it takes the certification objectives ( TS: Windows 7, Configuring ) and it breaks the chapter up by each Domain. Then each chapter is then broken up by each of the bullet points under the Domain skills... They even added some good information or expanded on some parts.

They have quite a bit of screenshots illustrating the different dialog boxes, results from commands in a command prompt, some powershell cmdlets etc. It doesn't just tell you what to do/how to do it, it shows you how do it it.

It is 160 pages, PDF format. The text formatting is great, bolding commands or points you click, etc.

Based on my hour or so of use of it, I would def spend the $1 for it if you can afford it. If it was $35, I might buy it if I didn't already have the MS Press book. Only because I prefer having hard physical copies of my material (Which is why I am printing the doc ha).

Good stuff.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found a 10% off coupon, use 10OFFPLOGIC at checkout.
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just tried to get in on the guide but an XML error is stopping me :>(.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Yep, this was a link to the $1 sale they had last weekend. Since the sale is over, they are no longer selling that product option. You can find it on their website for the normally advertised $35.
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    darn..
    Oh well I have the win 7 resource book + admin manual and sybex book I should be good for now.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680