Boson Practice Test - ICND2

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was wondering, of those that have successfully past the ICND2, what your average scores were before taking the exam? I'm doing the practice test now in study mode, highlighting those weaknesses that are pointed out and refining my homemade flash cards / study sheets. I think it's a great source to narrow in on what you need to know.

However I was curious what % would be a good average to consider myself ready for the real test? My experience combined with others opinions, it seems common knowlege that the Boson test is harder than the actual one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT trying to memorize the test, but using it to hone in on the concepts and / or skills that I discover to be a weakness.

So for those that might have utlized the Boson practice test in the ICND2 Book, or others... where were your scores at before you finally felt ready to take the real test?

icon_study.gif
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Haven't taken a Boson test in a while but I do remember it being more difficult than the actual exam. For me at least.
  • AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Boson exam before I took the ICND2 exam. I'd say if you can score above 80% on the Boson exam, then you're probably ready for the actual Cisco exam. Use the Boson as a study aid to see the areas in which you're weak, but don't rely on it solely. I read the Cisco Press book cover to cover five times before the exam and I had about 15 pages of notes. Don't let the time get away from you on the exam. I almost ran out of time because I was overly cautious on the first few questions. Easy to do when you're nervous. Good luck and let us know how you do!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+