Options

CIPT2 - what a day or not...

Well I was feeling ready to take a stab at this exam so thought I'd pop along to my local testing centre on Sat that allows walk ins etc so no need to book it in advance. This method usually works and I've had no problem previously.

However I guess it wasn't meant to be as I had a complete nightmare of a day.
9am set off for the journey that usually takes around 40mins door - door. Well I use the underground\tube to get there and wouldn't you know it I get half way there and they start the announcements that there were line closures due to engineering works! arrghh ok no biggie I'm not in a rush and the exams not scheduled so carry on along my way.
In hindsight I should've taken the hint. I ended up on a bus replacement service taking me past where I want to go and then having to get the tube back along the line to my stop. So what should've taken me about 45 mins took just over 2 hours!

Well I'm not too worried I'm thinking, I'm chilled relaxed and happy to plod along until I get to the exam centre! I turn up at the door only to find it closed with a hand written note on the door notifying a change of hours!! FFS this meant I could stand around and wait for another 2hours or go home. Suffice to say I went home icon_smile.gif I had a similar nightmare getting back home. So there's 5 hours of my sat gone!

The day didn’t improve much after that either I was supposed to go see a film sat evening, but that didn’t happen either for various reasons. swmbo was wondering what was wrong with me as I didn’t flip at any point but took it all on the chin.

The only good thing that did happen was a trip to a new Indian restaurant that's opened near me and the food was great, so it wasn't a total wipe out of a day lol

Suffice to say I've booked my exam for later this week I'll let you know how I get on.
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds like more time to study :) Good luck w/the exam!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    yep thats what im doing, I'm not entirely convinced I'm ready, it all seems so fuzzy, but guess thats the nature of the beast. I need to take a stab at it anyways so even if I don't pass I'll have an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cool! Good luck!

With this passed you will be a CCVP right? Thats pretty sweet.
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    Cool! Good luck!

With this passed you will be a CCVP right? Thats pretty sweet.

cheers but not quite there yet. I need CIPT2 (Hopefully this week) and TUC hopefully by end of May. I've heard mixed reports on the TUC exam but I'll worry about that when I knock this one on the head. And hopefully PitViper will have taken his by then and given my a heads up without breaking the NDA obviously lol
  • Options
    Well I've just got back to the office from the testing centre and pleased to say I passed. I will say I scrapped it by one or two questions, but at least its done :)

I can move onto TUC now should be fun lol
    cheers guys
  • Options
    Congrats man!! Nasty little bugger wasn't it...
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I think we all may need to complete them early as there are changes coming... see my news post...
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Congrats man!! Nasty little bugger wasn't it...

yep your not wrong there, I will admit I thought I was going to fail this one couldnt focus fully on the material and as you know the resources are slim albeit starting to come out now.
  • Options
    I agree 100% - Felt totally unprepared as well. Not to mention a little thrown off by the topics that they chose to drill down on. At least the CBT Nuggets for TUC are current!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!