Options

trying to delete and uninstall yahoo messenger

victoria_marcvictoria_marc Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
If anyone can help me by telling me how to take yahoo messenger off my computer that would be great i already uninstalled it but it still comes up and asks to login you can see the little face on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Please Help!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    i didnt close all the windows or logged off when i uninstalled so what do i do next
  • Options
    lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    just a shot...open regedit, goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE and delete all references to said program
  • Options
    nate_lewisnate_lewis Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its not clean, but it works...

Find exactly what the yahoo process is called using taskmanager. then search the registry for it and delete all references (be careful tho). Then restart ya pc.

That way you have plenty of time to figure out how to get rid of it without having to look at it!
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    http://www.wackyb.co.nz/menu/Delete_Yahoo_Messenger/

If not search in Reg for all refrences & delete.. Whack it from Program Files also. Full Install than remove?
  • Options
    Computer_Wizz_PizzaguyComputer_Wizz_Pizzaguy Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You guys are thinking too technically. She needs to make sure she exits the program first.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Start Menu - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs ......
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    I am kidding on this.

Turn off PC. Unplug. Rebox. Return.

:P

Agreed Russ
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Of course with some clients I suggest C:/ fd ..... LMAO
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    I got a friend to run deltree/y C:/ :giggles evilishly:

Seriously, quit Yahoo!. Then run the uninstall. If not, delete the folder C:\Program Files\Yahoo!. Then if it still pops up, try running msconfig from the command line, if you know what that is, and uncheck Messenger. All else fails, ask a techie at school ;).

Hope this helped.
  • Options
    VintagemcVintagemc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    after I uninstalled yahoo messenger, I could not compose, reply or forward anything from my yahoo mailbox, I reinstalled & now my wife cannot from her login, but I can from mine? there is a TO box & a SUBJECT box but no TXT box on the page, she's not a happy camper, any suggestions for the road to redemption? V.
  • Options
    I wouldn't think that your misfortune with messenger would have anything to do with your mail. i dont' work for yahoo.

I personally would try to make another account and see if I got the same problem indicating that it is on your computer. If you get that error, try clearing your temp settings to make sure you get a fresh version of the page.

That's all I can offer.

email me soon if you need more advice/help
    george.werner@region4.ang.af.mil