Ccna 640-802

RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
Hi All,

What I did not seem to understand was how the labs were graded or marked in the CCNA Exam? Are they on a points basis or do you have to configure the labs 100% accurate in order to pass the question.

Your help is much appreciated.

:)

Comments

• notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    RS_MCP wrote: »
    Hi All,

What I did not seem to understand was how the labs were graded or marked in the CCNA Exam? Are they on a points basis or do you have to configure the labs 100% accurate in order to pass the question.

Your help is much appreciated.

:)

No one knows that answer. I know that I did not accomplish 100% one of the simulations, I got about 90% what they were asking for and still passed. So I'm assuming they gave me some points for the effort....then again, they could have scored me a complete zero as well....
  • RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    Someone should know the answer?
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Someone should know the answer?

Of course, the programmers who designed the exam know...but will they come here and tell us?

I don't think so!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The only thing Cisco has acknowledged about exam grading is that the SIMs are worth more points than the other questions -- and that you can earn partial credit on the SIMs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    When you say "partial credit", what do you mean by this?
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The only thing Cisco has acknowledged about exam grading is that the SIMs are worth more points than the other questions -- and that you can earn partial credit on the SIMs.

Do you have a link to where Cisco states this?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When you say "partial credit", what do you mean by this?
    I'm just the messenger here..... but the SIMs are NOT All or Nothing when it comes to points. If you get some part of the SIM right, you may get some of the points.

I'd guess if you need 2 commands and type one correctly and have a typo in the other you might get 50% of the points. Or they might value the commands differently -- a "no shut" might be 25% of the points and the ip address configuration on an interface may be 75%.... we just don't know the SIM point value(s) or how they spread it around the required commands.

But one thing I do know for a fact (from personal experience) is that the SIMs are pretty trivial if you've prepared properly and had plenty of hands on Lab practice.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!