Options

What books and study Material for CCNA Security?

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello All,

What books and material do you all recommend to use for the CCNA Security exam?

I just ordered:

Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide) by Catherine Paquet (Hardcover - Apr. 27, 2009)

Any thoughts on this book? Good?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    viper75 wrote: »
    Hello All,

What books and material do you all recommend to use for the CCNA Security exam?

I just ordered:

Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide) by Catherine Paquet (Hardcover - Apr. 27, 2009)

Any thoughts on this book? Good?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!
    Good choice. I bought this book after being dissappointed with the Official Exam Certification Guide.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikem2te wrote: »
    Good choice. I bought this book after being dissappointed with the Official Exam Certification Guide.

^^^^^ +1
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    mikem2te wrote: »

Do you think you can pass the exam with just this book? (Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security)

I haven't heard good things about the Official Exam Cert. Guide so I'm going to skip it.
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Do you think you can pass the exam with just this book? (Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security)

I haven't heard good things about the Official Exam Cert. Guide so I'm going to skip it.
    I was disappointed with it but the official exam guide is not too bad, plus it's got the CD with the exam sim which certinaly helps the prep.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route