IT Help Needed!!

tarheeliotarheelio Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I'm a Senior at UNC Chapel Hill, and I'm working on a class project involving the IT Industry/CCNA certification process.

I'm trying to understand how individuals currently begin researching the CCNA exam, and how they study for it. Does anyone have any suggestions for the top 3 places on the internet a person would go to find out more info about an IT career / job and why?

I appreciate any and all of your help! Thanks

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tarheelio wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm a Senior at UNC Chapel Hill, and I'm working on a class project involving the IT Industry/CCNA certification process.

I'm trying to understand how individuals currently begin researching the CCNA exam, and how they study for it. Does anyone have any suggestions for the top 3 places on the internet a person would go to find out more info about an IT career / job and why?

I appreciate any and all of your help! Thanks

Sure. The first place is cisco.com. The second place was here. The 3rd place was just various google searches.

I began researching by going to cisco.com and printing off the objectives. I then started posting here to find out more about the exam. After that most of my questions I either googled for the answers or posted here. As far as jobs are concerned, I used dice first to see what people wanted as far as jobs were concerned, then career builder and then various other places, monster, indeed, usajobs, etc. Why? Because the best way to find out about IT jobs is through asking people directly or indirectly. I have learned alot in the indirect manner (reading job postings and articles online).
  • tarheeliotarheelio Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for your help! Are there any other popular IT sites that you know of that people would use to gather information about the industry? Or the most popular IT sites that you visit (other than the ones you mentioned)?

I'm trying to compile a solid list of sites that IT professionals/those interested in an IT career typically visit that I can use in my report. Thanks again for your input!