Options

iPad iBooks FYI ...

carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
So one question I that asked myself was " Are there any IT certification/training/programming/etc.. books in iBooks?"

The answer is NO!

One of the biggest reasons I got an iPad was to keep the books I use the most with me without actually having to carry all of them around.

Unfortunately, iBooks has one computer related book which is completely useless if you ask me. It's some type of Computers for idiots or something. Not the dummies book.

Luckily, I was saved by the kindle app.

Comments

• Options
    BTW... I did look in iBooks app while at the store and noticed that I was not able to get any decent books at the moment. I say this before someone comes in and says "You should have looked first in the iBooks store"

:p
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Why not use an App like FileApp, transfer the books to your iPad and then read them that way?

Meh, Im not an e-book or iBook fan so pardon my crude work around ;) lol.
  • Options
    qcomer wrote: »
    Why not use an App like FileApp, transfer the books to your iPad and then read them that way?

Meh, Im not an e-book or iBook fan so pardon my crude work around ;) lol.

That would work too.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thats why most folk usually stick to the 2nd generation of apple products before diving in there :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    nel wrote: »
    thats why most folk usually stick to the 2nd generation of apple products before diving in there :D

I guess... But it's not like the 1st gen wont have them when the 2nd gen does.
  • Options
    carboncopy wrote:
    Luckily, I was saved by the kindle app.

See what I did there?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    carboncopy wrote: »
    See what I did there?
    Well come on now, his name is "captobvious" after all. :p
  • Options
    -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    Well, I know that at least some of the books have PDF copies of them included (like the MS Press books.) I'm just planning on converting them to epub or getting a good pdf reader for them.
  • Options
    @ Foxer

As for PDFs, I have been using goodreader to view them. I am considering getting air sharing HD because it allows you to print documents. I am sure that goodreader will add that function later on.