Wendell's Network Simulator v Boson...???

DrNetDrNet Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently pruchased Wendell's ICND1&2 Cert Library, and was looking for accompanying sim for lab practice...

I was looking at Boson CCNA Netsim, but then stumbled acress Wendell's Network Simulator, which I thought would accompany his books...

Anyone tried both, ow even just Wendell's?? Ive read several reviews, which all seem to favour this over boson...

Any thoughts would be welcome, work have agreed to pay for either, so just want to make the best purchase....

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    DrNet wrote: »
    I was looking at Boson CCNA Netsim, but then stumbled acress Wendell's Network Simulator, which I thought would accompany his books...
    It is a standalone product but you can purchase it in combination with his books.

The reviews of the Cisco Network Simulator package do seem to be generally good and you get a large number of labs to do. I've used neither however so can't really comment on which is better.
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    If you do decide to buy the Wendell sim, just let me know. I got it in an unopened box for cheap. :D
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    or maybe packet tracer if its just ccna
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    aldous wrote: »
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    GNS
    Doesn't come with labs and there are the legality issues. If the OPs employer is willing to pay then I'd say let them buy it. You can always do your own thing with Dynamips anyway later on.
    aldous wrote: »
    or maybe packet tracer if its just ccna
    It isn't as comprehensive as the Cisco Network Simulator and again there are legality issues.
  • DrNetDrNet Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you do decide to buy the Wendell sim, just let me know. I got it in an unopened box for cheap. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the offer, but as work have agreed to pay, getting acheaper version is not really a concern... cheers tho!!

Think I will go with this then, as Id hope it would make a very good complimetry aid with his books.. and provide all the labs etc in a one box solution...

Ive looked at GNS, and why I do agree it looks great... I dont think it would be the easiest thing to use, although I would use it for simulating scenarious at work....

Thanks for your advice...