E-Learn Security

GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone else get the email that there course is now online? it seems interesting enough but I don't want to be the guinea pig. I may take a stab at it but not till after june .

The lab is a DVD consisting of a Linux Live Distro image containing vulnerable applications that you will be able to pentest at your own pace.
Finding and exploiting vulnerabilities is only half of the certification exam: a report consisting of an Executive summary, Vulnerability report and Remediation report will have to be produced and sent to eLearnSecurity within 30 days from the Certification request.

1600 interactive elearning slidesWeb application attacks
Attacking the network
Writing rootkits and keyloggers
Dumping remote databases
Learn the best methodologies
Branched learning
4 hours of video lessons
Dedicated forums
Qualifies for 40 CPE credits
certification

Comments

• MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I received the mail as well, my understanding it's priced similar to heorot.net. Content wise it seems to fit in between herorot.net and Offensive Security. I've spoken with Armando a few times in the past on an ethical hacker project he was part of. He's a pretty cool guy, I hope this new venture works out well for him. I may take the course at some point in the future as well. I've recently registered for Offensive Security PWB new version 3 release. That will be keeping me busy for at least two months.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would like to take that training, but I was expecting some introduction price like 50% discount or something like that, I feel a little price because it is new.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GAngel wrote: »
    Anyone else get the email that there course is now online? it seems interesting enough but I don't want to be the guinea pig. I may take a stab at it but not till after june .

It seems quality, but I'm going to wait until I need CPEs since that brings in a ton. I might also need to beef up my programming abilities first. I'm unsure how much of that they teach you and how much you're supposed to know in advance. I do like that it covers some different material from what's already out there though.
    MosGuy wrote: »
    I've recently registered for Offensive Security PWB new version 3 release. That will be keeping me busy for at least two months.

Yea, I never finished the old version, so I need to pick up the new material and another 30 days. I'll be doing this first as well.
    impelse wrote: »
    I would like to take that training, but I was expecting some introduction price like 50% discount or something like that, I feel a little price because it is new.

You can get 5% off here...
    SephStorm wrote: »
    who was the email sent to?

People who signed up to be notified when the course went live.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    there is a 20% discount code you can pm me for.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Interesting....I'd like to take the course (since you guys say it is in the middle and the price is pretty good), but I wonder about the programming. I doubt how up to speed I could get prior to April 30th.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Interesting....I'd like to take the course (since you guys say it is in the middle and the price is pretty good), but I wonder about the programming. I doubt how up to speed I could get prior to April 30th.

You really don't have to be a programmer it's more being able to interpret the code that you see so you have an idea what's its doing.
    Gotta see if work would pay for it, if so time to purchase :)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Welp I signed up for the course! Let the fun begin!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff