Train Signal

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys have any of you had any experience of using any of the products from Train Signal? are they any good? I was looking at going for my first Microsoft cert and have decided to be brave and skip the MCDST and go for the 70-270, As for study materials i'll pick up the Microsoft Press book, Setup a home lab with XP and Server 2k3 running virtually. And to top it all off purchase the Train Signal 70-270 package with the Prometric exam.

Are Train Signal products any good? I am a visual learner and learn best from videos and hands on.

Many Thanks

If I obtain the 70-270 I could always go back afterwards and kill the MCDST right?
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I looked at one the other day and was impressed,

for Cisco courses I still like CBT nuggets better, but I think either of these two companys produce to grade training videos. I dont think you will be disapointed.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • GWadejr34GWadejr34 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've looked at CBT nuggets & train signal but ultimately decided to go with Testout LabSim. I'm waiting for it to arrive in now (choose the dvd over the download because of bandwidth limits in Iraq).

I'll give you more feedback on it as soon as it gets here...6 days I hope.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not only are they great videos - the people who work for Train Signal are amazing! It's a great company and I totally endorse the use of Train Signal. icon_cool.gif
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hehe I have just ordered the MS Press and Train Signal 70-270 Kit cannot wait to get my hands dirty :) I got a free Prometric exam and a free Windows Server 2008 training kit = Bonus!!

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GWadejr34 wrote: »
    I've looked at CBT nuggets & train signal but ultimately decided to go with Testout LabSim. I'm waiting for it to arrive in now (choose the dvd over the download because of bandwidth limits in Iraq).

I'll give you more feedback on it as soon as it gets here...6 days I hope.
    Depends on what you're studying. For Net+ and Sec+ Testout Labsim was excellent. For the MCTSicon_sad.gif83-640) the videos are a bit thin, combine in the written component and it's ok. I got an academic discount which makes it ok.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I find that TrainSignal teaches me more than I get with CBT Nuggets. That is knowledge walk away with, not necessarily ready to pass an exam but I feel I will understand the product with a much higher level of retention as I am a visual learner. Studying for an exam still takes a test simulator like Transcender or Testout or something like that to prepare yourself for situations you have to think through and figure out what is Microsoft really asking for in the question and which answer do they think it is, even though in real life that may not make the most sense in your environment.

That being said CBT Nuggets and TestOut both have some good training. I would read the description and see if it focuses on the exam or teaching you the Windows server side.

Good luck.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

Just recieved my train signal stuff, they have sent me a branded dvd with no official case with a sticky label on the front saying windows xp prof temp disk, they have also not included the free prometric exam suite as advertised on there site. Not a happy chappy where do I stand?

Many Thanks

• MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    ally_uk wrote: »
    Just recieved my train signal stuff, they have sent me a branded dvd with no official case with a sticky label on the front saying windows xp prof temp disk, they have also not included the free prometric exam suite as advertised on there site. Not a happy chappy where do I stand?

Many Thanks

You need to contact them. When I ordered mine, they sent me two different DVD cases and a booklet with my Transender reg key on it.

One case had the Net+(N10-004) videos disc (Disk1) and an extra's disk(Disk2) that had MP3, WMVs, Notes, Transender Prac Tests and stuff to put on my IPOD.

The second case had a free Windows Server 2008 R2 Video Training DVD.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hey guys have any of you had any experience of using any of the products from Train Signal? are they any good? I was looking at going for my first Microsoft cert and have decided to be brave and skip the MCDST and go for the 70-270, As for study materials i'll pick up the Microsoft Press book, Setup a home lab with XP and Server 2k3 running virtually. And to top it all off purchase the Train Signal 70-270 package with the Prometric exam.

Are Train Signal products any good? I am a visual learner and learn best from videos and hands on.

Many Thanks

If I obtain the 70-270 I could always go back afterwards and kill the MCDST right?

LOVE their products!

As we all learning/training materials...it depends on the end-user and their particular learning style. I have found the TrainSignal products provide a well-rounded training and not geared solely toward exams.

Highly recommend!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Many Thanks

WOW...

Didn't read the whole thread befoer my last answer...

In any case, call Customer Service ASAP Monday (if you hadn't when your materials arrived). I suspect it was an 'oops' and they will remedy the situation. Personally, I've had great service with them (I had a media that would not recongized) and it was exchanged out promptly).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

I have watched some of the videos and they are really good, very imformative and easy to follow, I will contact the customer service dept tommorow and ask for the prometric kit.

• hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    CBT has always been good to me.
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□

Many Thanks

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Just to verify, did you make this purchase through TrainSignal.com? If you have a reference or order number I'd be happy to send you the correct information.

Also, thanks to all the posts with Train Signal praise. Love to read that stuff :D
    Thanks for stopping by Eric!

Love the material myself!
    I hope ally_uk has been able to make contact with your company. Ally_UK, how are things?

PW
    Plantwiz
    _____

• LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Only way I could stay awake on TestOut CBT (70-270/290) was to to double the playback speed, those guys put me to sleep like watching NASCAR does. TrainSignals 70-270 I actually watched in full even though i was already familiar with the material, the content was good and it came with the Transcender practice tests. The audio books were usefull as well in my daily commuting. Good stuff.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I purchased the EA set and got the free Win 2008 R2 DVD as advertised. The quality is good, the order process was relatively painless except for my credit card supplier being a pain.

Now I just need to pick up my slack and stop pushing my exams back icon_sad.gif

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Pash wrote: »
    Now I just need to pick up my slack and stop pushing my exams back icon_sad.gif

Our suggestion is to set a date. Even if it's six months away, it's a date that you've said you'll make sure to take the test by. I know it helped force me to start studying more and go take the exam.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    Hehe I have just ordered the MS Press and Train Signal 70-270 Kit cannot wait to get my hands dirty :) I got a free Prometric exam and a free Windows Server 2008 training kit = Bonus!!
    Back before they included the "free" Transcender exam there prices were a lot lower. It's definately included in the price. I just wish there was an option to buy without the "free" practice exam.

Many Thanks
    Where did you order from? Should be Transender and not Prometric. I figured your original post was a mistake but you've mention prometric twice now.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @TrainSignalEric: When is TrainSignal going to replace the 70-620 in the MCITP:EA package with the 70-680 Windows7?
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Our suggestion is to set a date. Even if it's six months away, it's a date that you've said you'll make sure to take the test by. I know it helped force me to start studying more and go take the exam.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I actually had the exam booked for the 10th of this month, but had to put back again for next month.

Work, real life and then pure lack of motivation pay huge dividends sometimes. I guess I need to start breaking this stuff down again.

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    @TrainSignalEric: When is TrainSignal going to replace the 70-620 in the MCITP:EA package with the 70-680 Windows7?

We hope to have our Windows 7 course out in July. We'll be making the swap then. Any past/current purchasers of our MCITP:EA package will automatically be given a free copy as well.
    rwwest7 wrote: »
    I just wish there was an option to buy without the "free" practice exam.

As we're putting more and more of our courses up for instant streaming, we are looking into possible course only purchases. Nothing confirmed yet, but it's definitely being discussed.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Okay, now you are really selling me on this! :)