Options

BES through ISA server

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have a BES on an internal VLAN with ports TCP3101 and 3500 open to the ISA, which is on a DMZ. I can't route the BES to the external au.srp.blackberry.com address via the ISA. The logs show BES hitting the ISA but then being dropped by the default rule.

There seems to be no rule to forward internal data to a specific external address. Access rules are no use either.

How do people do this; I think I've tried everything. The ISA has only 1x NIC with public IP address.

Comments

• Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Do you have both inbound and outbound open for those ports?

IE,
    Port 3101 TCP Outbound
    Port 3101 TCP Inbound
    Port 3500 TCP Outbound
    Port 3500 TCP Inbound

For all users.

Also, do you have any type of antivirus/firewall installed on the BES server?
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've set up inbound and outbound protocols for all required ports. There's no firewall / AV set on any server. Everything is a fresh build for a new production domain.

Last thing I tried was an Access rule allowing traffic with the BES protocols/ports FROM the BES, TO the srp.bb.com IP address. This rule is totally ignored when a test is run. Seems to be no option for plain routing specific traffic. Not sure if this is because of the single NIC ISA setup.