Options

Techexams.net iPhone

carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
I am not sure if anyone is aware of this, but when I go to my private messages using my iPhone or iPad, I am unable to reply to messages.

When I click reply, nothing happens.

I tried it both with Safari and Opera mini. Neither worked.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If I click Reply I jump down to the Quick Reply box at the bottom and it works fine. Are you viewing the mobile version of the site (I am)?

P.S. I posted this from an iPhone ;)
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    carboncopy wrote: »
    I am not sure if anyone is aware of this, but when I go to my private messages using my iPhone or iPad, I am unable to reply to messages.

When I click reply, nothing happens.

I tried it both with Safari and Opera mini. Neither worked.

Can anyone else confirm this?

It's probably flash based. ;)
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I use UAFaker with tricks the website into thinking it's not a moble browser = full site functionality :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    astorrs wrote: »
    If I click Reply I jump down to the Quick Reply box at the bottom and it works fine. Are you viewing the mobile version of the site (I am)?

P.S. I posted this from an iPhone ;)

I see that you missed that I was talking about private messages. :p
  • Options
    It's probably flash based. ;)

I see what you did there...
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    I use UAFaker with tricks the website into thinking it's not a moble browser = full site functionality :)

I am guessing this is a jailbreak feature/app?
  • Options
    I see that you missed that I was talking about private messages. :p
    Those would be the two key words I missed. ;)
  • Options
    You're right it's not working for me either.

I would love to be able to use Forum Runner on my iPhone with this site, but it would require icon_wm.gif to install some back-end bits.

Forum Runner - vBulletin Forum iPhone App
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    We're working toward another upgrade of our front-end which requires us to basically recreate all templates. That includes our iPhone template which will have more functionality than the current one we use, and, won't be only for the forums. That'll be June at earliest though, I might have some time to extend the current one myself to support quick replies to PMs too.
  • Options
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    God, does anyone know of a way to access the full-site version of TE using an android based phone? I loath the mobile version and don't post here from my cellphone as a result. I haven't put too much research into this, but if someone has a good way that doesn't involve rooting the phone please let me know.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm guessing the site version is decided by the Browser's User Agent String, in which case you'd need another browser installed that isn't recognized as a mobile app. Or it could be your provider's gateway reformatting the pages dynamically, in which case there's no way around it.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I am guessing this is a jailbreak feature/app?

Yes, it's a free app avaliable through Cydia.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We're working toward another upgrade of our front-end which requires us to basically recreate all templates. That includes our iPhone template which will have more functionality than the current one we use, and, won't be only for the forums. That'll be June at earliest though, I might have some time to extend the current one myself to support quick replies to PMs too.
    I love updates/upgrades icon_cheers.gif

Thanks icon_wm.gif
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Anyone else notice the current mobile template has some French in it? On my Droid, the quote boxes say 'Quote de %username%' instead of 'Originally posted by %username%'.
  • Options
    Most of the modern mobiles/pdas get redirected to our iPhone skin, Windows ce/mobile to a very lightweight text based style. The current iPhone skin was meant as a test case and to accommodate for iPhone and Blackberry mobiles so it may (more likely will) give unexpected results on other devices. I noticed an increasing amount of mobile users this year, and obviously there's the android now, 'and' the feedback in this topic, which clearly shows we need more functional mobile templates. I hope to have those in place in June. They will be built from scratch or at least not be an update of the current templates so I prefer to spend time on those (including the full version template) rather than performing major updates on the current ones that will be unusable and deleted. That said, I'll hopefully have some time to add PM quick reply later this week and and if you have any more feedback about our mobile templates feel free to send me an email.

I also take a look at Astorrs suggestion and probably install support for Forum Runner in addition to our own mobile templates.
    Claymoore wrote:
    Anyone else notice the current mobile template has some French in it?
    Spanish probably, as the designer of the original template but clearly an error. Can you send me a screenshot of that by email please? (webmaster 'at' techexams.net).

Thanks,
    Johan
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you looked at Tapatalk? From what I can tell it's free for the forum admins. I visit a New Orleans Saints board regularly and they use it. I'm using the Droid app, but they've got one for iPhone and Blackberry as well I think.

http://www.tapatalk.com/
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll definitely check out that one as well (nice it supports multiple devices).
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll definitely check out that one as well (nice it supports multiple devices).
    Agreed, better than ForumRunner if it can do Android, etc as well.
  • Options
    TheGrewTheGrew Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Apologies for digging up an old thread but was tapatalk pursued further? I can't find the forum listed and would love to be able to use the app to participate in this community.