Options

[NEWS] New Improved CCVP?

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just part of the monthly eLearning Newsletter...

Instructors Needed for Upcoming CCNA Voice and CCVP Releases

An opportunity currently exists to enable your company and your partners to prepare for new releases of the CCNA Voice and CCVP Voice certifications based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager v8.0 functionality. Learning@Cisco is seeking skilled Cisco CCVP® and CCIE Voice professionals to attend free alpha teach classes in the United States between April 26th and May 21st for the following courses:
  • Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1)
  • Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2)
  • Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE)
  • Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications (CAPPS)
  • Administering Cisco Voice and Unified Communications (ICOMM)
Note[FONT=&quot]: Full five-day beta classes will also be conducted in Hamburg, Germany, between May 31st and July 9th. Look for more details in next month’s Learning@Cisco newsletter.

8<

Looks like CCNP wasn't the only change...
[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Interesting, that said I cant see them dropping the current 6.x VP route as they have only just dropped the old 4.x version. I wonder if they are going to introduce another route along side it.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Meh, they are making things too complicated – Shouldn’t CIPT1 and CIPT2 be considered “administrative” classes?

At this rate the training material will never catch up!!!!!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're not wrong there...

Well, I guess it gives me a good reason to fast track my CCVP.icon_lol.gif

You wouldn't think they'd drop the current CCVP track, maybe give it till the middle of next year to run.

Are CIPT1 & 2 unchanged or is TUC rolled in there?

CAPPS makes sense "Unified Everything", maybe take Unity (what there is of it) out of CIPT1?

What's the Chinese curse? "May you live in interesting times"icon_exclaim.gif

Fun times ahead.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    Well, I guess it gives me a good reason to fast track my CCVP.icon_lol.gif

Nah, you should have plenty of time. I don't see the 6.x path going anywhere anytime soon.

I can see a lot of the TUC tools being incorporated in the Administering Cisco Voice and Unified Communications (ICOMM) test.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Nah, you should have plenty of time. I don't see the 6.x path going anywhere anytime soon.

I can see a lot of the TUC tools being incorporated in the Administering Cisco Voice and Unified Communications (ICOMM) test.

Yep I'd tend to agree with that. I am surprised that they are thinking (if indeed they are) of dropping TUC, given that they have just introduced troubleshooting into the NP track. I would have thought a revamp of the current TUC wouldve been a better move.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys I agree on the TUC part. It must be there and it's fun.

By the way, are 4.x/6.x boxes still the most popular systems in the market? Budget cut everywhere. Not that many companies will upgrade to 7.x/8.x if 4.x/6.x boxes are running well (think about PBX, easily 15 years, LOL)
  • Options
    Flyingput wrote: »
    Not that many companies will upgrade to 7.x/8.x if 4.x/6.x boxes are running well (think about PBX, easily 15 years, LOL)

Funny I said exactly the same thing to a collegue of mine today. I appreciate that tecnology moves on but where phones are concered the need\desire to upgrade is not seen as such a high priority. Stability outweighs everything else.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Funny I said exactly the same thing to a collegue of mine today. I appreciate that tecnology moves on but where phones are concered the need\desire to upgrade is not seen as such a high priority. Stability outweighs everything else.

This is why you still see PBX's lying around, and also why there will always be a legacy section in almost every chapter we read in VoIP =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.