Passed 70-680 today

drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290

I feel like I know the material better than the score shows, but a pass is still good!

I was expecting more command-line questions than I got. I maxed out the bars for deployment, installation, etc. I did not do well on the "Configuring Hardware & Applications" bar.

Study time: 4 months causal (off and on)
Materials: Odom Win 7 book (not great), MS Press book (pretty good).

I feel like the MS PRESS book and lots of hands-on time were "adequate" to prepare. The bigger problem is how vague some of the test questions are.

Oh well, on to the next one!

Drew

Comments

• fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey

Congrats on the pass.

Is there a particular area that you would advise, taking more time out to study than others? I have been told to make sure that I know BrancheCache, DirectAccess, and BitLocker well. Also deployment.

Is there any particulars you came across or was it pretty well balanced on all the content covered?

I do like to make sure I have a good understanding of all the material, but I have found on some exams you get 10+ questions on an area which you would have thought is not really that big of a deal in comparison to the rest of the topics in the module.

Again well done on the pass.
  • Dilan-LTDilan-LT Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Everything you mentioned plus some .VHD. Surprisingly not much on requirements, specs, etc. LOTS of stuff related to System Restore/Previous versions. Not much on System Performance. A few command lines but not too many.

Really it was annoying because they would test some dumb vague features and really ignored some useful stuff they could have tested.

I'm pretty stoked about the pass. My last client exam was XP in 2004, so if this buys me 4-6 years I'll take that. Now on to the next...

Drew
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    excellent a pass is a pass.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Drew.

Onwards and upwards!