Failed My CCENT

teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
Fellas,

I failed my CCENT with a score of 582/804.

Is this considered very bad ? also, how many points do you get for one correct question ?

I would like to know how many I got right. Thanks.

-Currently In Denial !

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You didn't pass, so that's not good. But now that you've seen the exam, you should have a better idea what to expect next time -- so that's not bad. :D

You're probably going to have to do some more study and lab work before you try again.

The Score Report should have a breakdown by section -- and that should match up with the main topics on the exam blueprint. If you post that we can probably better point you in the right study direction..... but more lab practice is always a good idea. And even if you've mastered subnetting, you should still a few questions every night on subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online to keep your skills up.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
    Describe the operation of data networks 38%

Implement a small switched network 75%

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet 11%
    network requirement

Implement a small routed network 38%

Explain and select the appropriate admin tasks required for WLAN 100%

Identify security threats to a network and describe general 0%
    methods

Implement and verify WAN Links 50%
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm sure you can do it if you retake the exam after some awsome study time.
    Did you do alot of labs???
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What books did you use to study? Anything else?

What did you you use for lab practice?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□

-Currently In Denial !

Don't deny the facts, learn from it! Get another book, do some more labs, study your weak areas, and don't stop! I failed my first time.........so what......don't stop! That's why I created my Cisco war cry!

Know subnetting that is key, know cdp, and security. At least you kicked booty in wireless. Keep on it and don't give up you can do it!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't deny the facts, learn from it! Get another book, do some more labs, study your weak areas, and don't stop! I failed my first time.........so what......don't stop! That's why I created my Cisco war cry!

Know subnetting that is key, know cdp, and security. At least you kicked booty in wireless. Keep on it and don't give up you can do it!

Did you do your cisco war cry after you passed the ccent?? lol
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    i'll try to hang in there guys !
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you do your cisco war cry after you passed the ccent?? lol

Yes, in my car in the parking lot of the test center.

Later in my apartment I did the same, of course a bottle of cheap boose will do that!!! :D

My apartment neighbors have never looked at me the same!

Either way, the CCENT is within teksource's grasp he/she just needs a little more study/lab time and he/she will achieve it!
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance. Study harder, don't glaze over subjects that don't interest you, and learn the configs.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Having access to some form of lab is critical for the CCENT. You need to be really familiar with the CLI commands. Familiar enough to where you don't have to put a "?" after everything to figure out what is next. If you rely on that, you will run out of time for sure. I felt like I had a pretty good handle on it when I took it and I finished the test with less than 2 minutes left.

Some form of practice test engine like the Boson one that comes with the Cisco Press book or Transcender would probably be a really big help also. Like everyone else said, study harder, maybe get some extra material, and give it another shot.
    :study:
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Fellas,

Is this considered very bad ?

Honestly? Yes, that is a very bad score.
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Fellas,

Is this considered very bad ? also, how many points do you get for one correct question ?

I would like to know how many I got right. Thanks.

-Currently In Denial !
    That's a 72% so its not bad.

And in 5 areas you do have a lot of room for improvement.

I would over study for your next one, get a few different practices tests, and ones with simulated labs like the Boson.
    Abe,

How did you calculate that ? I have been looking for that answer........................
    abe,

how did you calculate that ? I have been looking for that answer........................

575/804?
    Really ? it's on a scale from 300-1000.

804 is considered passing.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Really ? it's on a scale from 300-1000.

804 is considered passing.

Do you just shoot for the baseline? Did you just aim for "C's" in college because it's considered passing? Getting a 500 is like getting a 50. That roughly represents 50% of the knowledge being delivered.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    584/1000 is only 40% which is really bad. icon_redface.gif

If the passing score is 804/100, you need to get 72% of the exam correct.

Cisco uses a 300 - 1000 scale. Do the math.

Study hard and you will get it next time! icon_thumright.gif
    Sorry, I thought he was saying he got a:
    582 out of 804

"I failed my CCENT with a score of 582/804."

So a 582 would be just under 60% then, which isn't bad for your first time.

Can you say your studied as much as you could for it?
    IE.
    did you study at least an hour a day for serveral months?
    did you watch videos like the CBT Nuggets or ccna online training?
    did you read a book from cover to cover? and take notes
    did you make flash cards? and go through those several times?
    did you master subnetting? subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online
    did you practice at least 1 lab on each top twice? did you try to do the labs by just looking at the diagram?
    do you have at least a couple piece of actual equipment to practice with, in addition to a lab simulator?
    did you go through at least 3 different practices tests several times?

If you did do all of the above, then maybe you want to try a different video series, a different book, make move flash cards, try some new labs, and try some new practice exams.
    PS:
    This guy's CCNA videos are good too:
    YouTube - danscourses's Channel
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am thinking that failing your first Cisco exam is a right of passage. Yes I too failed the CCENT exam earlier this week.

Dare to play "The Cisco Smack Down" game.

It is not how many times you kiss the mat that matters but rather how many times you get back up that wins the day!

HardDisk