How Should One Begin The MCITP:EA / SA ?

MCITP ers,

How should one approach and begin the MCITP:EA / SA ?

what should come first and in sequence after the other ?

Comments

• Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any order you want to tackle it. The majority of people start with a client exam and work their way up to the professional exam. I'd recommend starting with a client exam as they are generally easier and it will familiarize you with the microsoft way of tests. After that, you know how the tests work, and you can focus on straight content.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    It is a personal preference really.

I did my SA in the following order:

83-640, 70-642, 70-646

and now I am on my EA track I have taken one more the other day which was 70-643.

Will be taking 70-680 followed by the EA exam - 70-647.

However others have been know to do the 70-646 first and work their way back on the MCTS exams.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
    Brad,

Tell me more about the 83-640 one.

How many simulations are they ? do they consist of MS snapshots or more router/sim/network type questions ?

Also, are they in a multiple choice format or drag and drop ?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think getting more specific would probably violate the NDA. MS says you're not to say how many of what kind of question or specifics about questions. I've heard from most people that if you learn the material in the MS Press book and feel comfortable with the content you should do ok.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Why don't we just tell you the exam... it seems to be what you are looking for?

I ain't breaking my NDA's. Go and sit the exam after you have learnt the material. Go through your books, and practice in VM's. DO THE PRACTICE. You will fail otherwise.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • valenvalen Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BradH wrote: »
    It is a personal preference really.

I did my SA in the following order:

83-640, 70-642, 70-646

and now I am on my EA track I have taken one more the other day which was 70-643.

Will be taking 70-680 followed by the EA exam - 70-647.

However others have been know to do the 70-646 first and work their way back on the MCTS exams.

I did SA in a similar order. In my experience there is a lot of material overlap between 642 and 646, so I would do 642 before 646. I suspect, but I don't know yet, that there will also be a lot of overlap in the material on 646 and 647, so I'm going to work on 647 now.