Options

Ethernet Cabling

E1or0E1or0 Banned Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Quick question...

I've done reading the CCNA Sixth Edition Book 640-802 from Todd Lammle and now after doing a whole bunch of labs, I finally feel kind of ready for the CCNA Exam, been doing lots of practice exams but on the switching ones, I'm getting lots of questions base on the different type of cabling and their distances, I know that on page 38 (Ethernet Cabling) of this books Todd talks about this, but I recall seen a chart with all the different type of cabling and distances in detail, I've look all over the book and I still can't find this chart icon_scratch.gif.

Does anyone knows where this chart is on this book??? or if there is a equal chart or better one out there that I can guide my self with?

Thanks in advanced guys !!! ;)

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't see such a chart anywhere in that book either, are you sure that's where you saw it?

Here is one on various types of copper and fiber Ethernet. I can't come up with anything for WAN cables.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Table 3-2 (Today's most common types of Ethernet) is a "key topic" in Odom's Cisco Press ICND1 book.

Starting at the bottom of page 38 in Todd's book, as you already noted, you find
    Here are the expanded IEEE Ethernet 802.3 standards:
    followed by the information, but not in table format. Unless there's an appendix somewhere with all the "need to know" charts and graphics you'll probably need to make your own table.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!