Books Todd Lammle , CCNA Fast Pass/
Richard Deal CCNA
and of course CBT Nuggets

I'll let you know how if goes.
Wish me luck

Comments

• Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have mine scheduled in 6 days as well.

Good luck and let us know how you did. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!

Mine too is 10 or 11 days from now, havent book it yet though, testing center is easy to get into just waiting on a voucher that falls in the date range I'm looking at... hopefully this week!

I'm into the 70's now on the boson practice exam. I have no idea about CBT nuggets, keep hearing about them though and they are usually come highly reccomended.

icon_study.gif
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They have vouchers for $90 here:

Cisco ICND Test Voucher for Cisco VUE exam 640-822 OR 640-816 of Retail $125 value in USA/Canada for Guaranteed Discount Prices.

They expire April 27, 2010.

You can get an extra $1 off by using coupon code 1155 .
  • Options
    Yea, that's one day too soon... I have the 28th and 29th off ... so I have to go on one of those two days... worst case scenario I'm going to pay full price which is ok, just waiting though to see I can nab one that'd be good for the two dates mentioned above.

I have heard people say don't study the day before the exam, but I think I am going to book it for the 29th, study from early morning on the 28th til 2PM and from there just do light reviews of flash cards and study sheets along with thumbing through the last several chapters in the book at random.

I still need to do a couple of NAT Labs too ... and become better with IPv6.icon_study.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to all of you, I'll be taking the composite in May or June. Semester 4 of the Net Academy ends in next week (Last lecture is tomorrow!) and then its just waiting for the voucher. In the mean time, I'll be labbing it up,rereading Todd Lammle's book, and practicing subnetting.

And the CBT nuggets are great, a buddy of mine has them and I've watched a little of it. Someone liked it so much, they started a Facebook group praising Jeremy. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Remember to keep an eye on the clock -- time management is important on Cisco exams.

The SIMs should be easy if you've done enough hands on lab practice -- so try not to spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM. Any more time than that and you're just taking time away from the "easy questions." And if you haven't gotten it in 10 minutes, you most likely won't -- so hope it's a messed up "beta question" which is one of the ungraded questions you may have on the exam.

If you haven't already found the Cisco Exam Tutorial, check it out tonight (and use the time where you get to "watch it/try it" to jot down your "emergency brain freeze subnetting chart" on your scratch paper/dry erase marker sheets).

Make sure you read the Question. Read ALL the answers. Then Read the Question AGAIN!! If you missed a word or two the first time or saw an "good answer" that had nothing to do with the question you might "freak out" and select the wrong answer. icon_lol.gif Only after that, then select the correct answer(s) for the question.

You may as well read the Cisco NDA tonight too -- you get to read it before the exam and you have to "accept" the terms before you're allowed to continue on to the exam. If you read it now you can use that "read the NDA time" before the exam starts for more notes, or just get to the exam that much sooner.

Here's the links to the Exam Tutorial/Demo page, the NDA PDF, and the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy PDF:

Certification Exam Tutorial

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Remember to keep an eye on the clock -- time management is important on Cisco exams.

The SIMs should be easy if you've done enough hands on lab practice -- so try not to spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM. Any more time than that and you're just taking time away from the "easy questions." And if you haven't gotten it in 10 minutes, you most likely won't -- so hope it's a messed up "beta question" which is one of the ungraded questions you may have on the exam.

If you haven't already found the Cisco Exam Tutorial, check it out tonight (and use the time where you get to "watch it/try it" to jot down your "emergency brain freeze subnetting chart" on your scratch paper/dry erase marker sheets).

Make sure you read the Question. Read ALL the answers. Then Read the Question AGAIN!! If you missed a word or two the first time or saw an "good answer" that had nothing to do with the question you might "freak out" and select the wrong answer. icon_lol.gif Only after that, then select the correct answer(s) for the question.

You may as well read the Cisco NDA tonight too -- you get to read it before the exam and you have to "accept" the terms before you're allowed to continue on to the exam. If you read it now you can use that "read the NDA time" before the exam starts for more notes, or just get to the exam that much sooner.

Here's the links to the Exam Tutorial/Demo page, the NDA PDF, and the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy PDF:

Certification Exam Tutorial

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy

Hey Mike,

I was thinking about this question and you might be able to help me with it...

I'm a lefty (southpaw) see and I have a unique writing style and personally I hate the dry erase board and would prefer paper and pen. Do think they would let me use paper and pen (or pencil) if I just turned the paper in after the test? I always read they will allow you a piece of paper and a pen, but when I first did the CCENT exam I was denied real paper and pen. It's more of a comfort thing I guess, but I just hate the dry erase boards and markers... the marker they gave me anyhow was dried up pretty much ... lol icon_study.gif
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    Do think they would let me use paper and pen (or pencil) if I just turned the paper in after the test?
    It wouldn't hurt to ask -- but if they say no, just take what they give you and move on to the exam.

I've have the same Vue test center give me a dry erase marker and marker sheets one time -- and a pen and paper the next time. icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to you all. I will not be far from behind you.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    mart28mart28 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi again guy's

Passed ICND2 this afternoon with 865/1000

The exam wasn't too bad, I felt it was fair as you know the answer or you don't! Unlike some other exam cert company's trying to trick with long essay type questions.

Also I would say if you like me don't have alot of expericence with networking to try the cisco network academy, as feel I understand the basic idea behind the technology.

Thanks again guy's for the support and general help
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome news congrats ! whats next my friend ? besides a big sigh of relief and a pint

take care,
    Sean
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Sounds like it was a good test for you! What's next?
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...
    ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
    ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congratulations :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    mart28 wrote: »
    Passed ICND2
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Time to Celebrate drunken_smilie.gif (and update the Avatar and Cert List :D)
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! Celebrate your accomplishment all week long!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats on the pass!!
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    icon_cheers.gif

Good Job, My Friend!