I came I saw I kicked its arse!!

Brownie1985Brownie1985 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Pass today with score of 871!! Thank god!! I dont think I could take anymore of going over everything!! I was a little surprised the exam was not was indepth as I imaged. Just concepts of doing things. Think I had 6-8 sims, all very straight forward. Very happy passing after having to constantly stop-start this exam for holidays etc.

I used the MS-Press book, CBT Nuggets, Technet, loads of other articles from searching google and Exam Cram (Biggest waste of money). I'd say if you want to get this done make sure you have time available, no stop starting. If I knew the exam was like this I may have taken it sooner. Though I think on some questions my knowledge worked on picking out the wrong answers, which I guess still works!!

Thanks to anyone that answered any of my questions on this forum. Guess I will be starting the 70-293 (after a few beers icon_thumright.gif), Is this the one call the Monster?
Next Targets:
70-294
CCENT

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Congrats on the pass!

Rep for the ghostbusters reference.
  • Brownie1985Brownie1985 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers mate am a happy chappie right now!!

Arh ya cant beat Bill Murry in Ghostbusters, Legend!!
    Next Targets:
    70-294
    CCENT
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Awsome. I hope mine goes well too.
  • thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm surprised to hear that the exam wasn't quite as in-depth as you thought it would be. This only means good things for me since I'm set to take it this week as well. icon_smile.gif

Without breaking NDA, what would you say is the trickiest thing you encountered on this test? Any facts or areas that you wished you brushed up on beforehand?
  • Brownie1985Brownie1985 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm thats a good question, I do wish I brushed up a bit more on RRAS, I left this part as I thought I was fine till the night before the exam when I had a look over icon_sad.gif. But from looking at the score sheet think I didnt do that bad.

If you have read the MS-book, done some labs and had a play your be fine, you probably want an even knowledge of all the areas. I found the questions in the MS press test thing far harder, the fact that some of the questions have the wrong answers dont help aswell.
    Next Targets:
    70-294
    CCENT
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thatguy85 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm surprised to hear that the exam wasn't quite as in-depth as you thought it would be. This only means good things for me since I'm set to take it this week as well. icon_smile.gif

Of course it could just be the exam is a beast, and he is just really clever... ;)

The again it is a microsoft exam so most likely its was a bit simple ;)

Nah just kidding mate, well done I expect the next one to be quicker...
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pass today with score of 871!! Thank god!! I dont think I could take anymore of going over everything!! I was a little surprised the exam was not was indepth as I imaged. Just concepts of doing things. Think I had 6-8 sims, all very straight forward. Very happy passing after having to constantly stop-start this exam for holidays etc.

I used the MS-Press book, CBT Nuggets, Technet, loads of other articles from searching google and Exam Cram (Biggest waste of money). I'd say if you want to get this done make sure you have time available, no stop starting. If I knew the exam was like this I may have taken it sooner. Though I think on some questions my knowledge worked on picking out the wrong answers, which I guess still works!!

Thanks to anyone that answered any of my questions on this forum. Guess I will be starting the 70-293 (after a few beers icon_thumright.gif), Is this the one call the Monster?

Damn mate, that pint in your picture looks bloody good in that sunshine, wouldnt mind some of that right now...oh congrats on the pass to eh ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking