Options

How to convert .bmp into .doc

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is any 3rd party software that will let me convert a .bmp into a .doc file to open in office word 07 to be edited and manipulated. don't know if this can be done is it possible with 3rd party software? A friend of mine typed 500 pages on a type writer and asked me if he could scan it and open it in word 07 to have it edited.

thanks

-k

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    OCR software. Sometimes comes bundled with the scanner.

Expect to do a lot of proofreading and corrections on the output.
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    kadshah wrote: »
    hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is any 3rd party software that will let me convert a .bmp into a .doc file to open in office word 07 to be edited and manipulated. don't know if this can be done is it possible with 3rd party software? A friend of mine typed 500 pages on a type writer and asked me if he could scan it and open it in word 07 to have it edited.

thanks

-k

Try OCR Terminal: Online OCR - Convert PDF to Word, JPEG to Word

They'll give you 20 free pages a months. That should be enought to tell if it works good enough for you. I've tried them and it worked great for me.

George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    ok i'll give it a try thanks. if the OCR software doesn't come bundled with the software i would need to buy it separately is that right?
  • Options
    I found this online. SimpleOCR - freeware OCR software and royalty free OCR engine!
    it's free but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Options
    swerleswerle Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just look the topic!
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Or you could have someone transpose it on Amazon Mechanical Turk.. pay them like $0.20 to $1 per page or something... depending on complexity and your budget.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro