Sec+ now done at Air Force tech school

Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm not sure if this is listed anywhere here but I just found out that the Sec+ exam is taught at Tech School. At least for the career field 3D0X1. I talked to a new guy I'll be sponsoring and he mentioned that they have two weeks to study for the test.

I wonder if they bus them all downtown or if they now have a test center on site.

Just some G wiz info. I would never have thought that the Sec+ would be taught that early in training.
A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
CCNA

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It should be taught early, its a entry level cert , its not very technical or complex. No offense, its still a good cert to have if its in your goals path. icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    I wonder if they bus them all downtown or if they now have a test center on site.

I see a lot of things come through for delivering these and various other courses and exams at bases around the world.

MS
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know they've set up classes at most bases. I was in the Net+ course back in 05 in Grandforks. I just wouldn't have guessed that they'd teach it at tech school.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the AF has a requirement that 3D's are 8570 compliant! I'm in Okinawa and everyone including CSAs are required to have A+, Net+, and/or Sec+.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    its no longer just a policy, DoD has started enforcing it.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I haven't paid much attention since I got out, but I would be really surprised if they weren't making 3C's do this as well.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are making the 3C's do it... it's just the 3C's, 3A's, & radio and satcom (can't remember their AFSC) are all combined into 3D's now.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah i tried to go to 3c0x1.net and see what a 3d was, I didn't know they had shifted and shuffled everything around so much.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • IceDragon2000IceDragon2000 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2E's merged with 3C's there are no more 2E's or 3C's for that matter. We are all 3D's. 2E2X1 + 3C2X1 = 3D1X2
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not to mention the creation of the Cyber Surety field. How is that being implemented?
  • TbuengerTbuenger Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2E's merged with 3C's there are no more 2E's or 3C's for that matter. We are all 3D's. 2E2X1 + 3C2X1 = 3D1X2

I didn't know that. I always thought the 2E's should be merged with the 3X series anyway.

icon_cheers.gif