Options

iPad fails networking 101; how to earn it a passing grade - ArsTechnica

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
iPad fails networking 101; how to earn it a passing grade
Soon after the first iPads started showing up on Princeton University's network earlier this month, the university's network admins noticed strange behavior from Apple's tablet computer: some iPads kept using an IP address after its DHCP lease ran out. That's part of the reason the university "banned" the iPad from its network.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    [EMAIL="lol@apple"]lol@apple[/EMAIL].

On another note, I can't stand arstechnica. It's blatantly obvious that almost every article they write is done so by someone who doesn't understand the technology, but rather wikipedia's a few things while trying to throw together a few words.

I've also seen them blatantly rip off other blogs before, without any citation.
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is funny.

Not enough testing before release?

I'm not a fan of apple products. There are none in this house.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Was a Mac user back in the day and for a while, wife mainly uses them now. In other news OUCH:

Man loses part of finger in iPad theft - Tech and gadgets- msnbc.com
    DENVER - A man is missing his new iPad and part of his pinky finger after a robbery at a Denver shopping mall.
    Fifty-nine-year-old Bill Jordan says he just purchased Apple's latest must-have item at Cherry Creek Mall on Thursday and was near the parking garage when a thief grabbed the bag tied around Jordan's hand.
    He says the bag wouldn't come off and the thief yanked it so hard that it stripped part of Jordan's pinky down to the bone. Doctors later amputated part of the finger.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It isn't specific to the iPad. The iPad is just the only publicly available device that has iPhone OS 3.2 on it. Developer builds for iPhones do the same thing.

Besides, how often do you get a totally bug and problem free product release with a new software version? :P