Anyone wrote this?

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
? What was it like?? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• rubensboyzrubensboyz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sat this test today, and although I didnt pass, I thought it was alot easier than many people make it out to be.

If you could see my paper, you would see that I got:

95% Ip addressing
    80% DNS
    80% Network Security
    0% Routing and Remote Access :o ( I know, I know, brush up on RRAS)
    80% Network Infrasturcture

I'll be resitting the exam on Friday. Overall it covers alot of DNS topics, my exam had a few on DHCP, SUS, some questions about Terminal Services, IPsec, security templates, backup, etc. Now I will reiterate this point, know DNS like the back of your hand, there were about 20 questions on DNS, which was alot more than any other section.

My final score was 671, with me needing 700 to pass, what a bummer. But I will tackle routing and remote access between now and Friday and I'll pass it.

By the way, once I pass this, then I can call myself and MCSA icon_lol.gif
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Nice feedback., Thanks! I plan on taking it after the new year. You'll get R done this friday & be MCSA, good luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback... I plan on taking the next couple weeks off to enjoy the holidays and get some snowboarding in, but will start studying for this one soon and hopefully pass by the end of January.
  • PywiakPywiak Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Painful.

For some reason the testing system lagged 15 to 30 seconds between questions, and took more than five minutes to display the result when it was completed. (The clock was running through the delays, and I used the full measure of test time reviewing items).

The screen was set to 800x600 on a 21" monitor, requiring endless scrolling to view questions and graphics in a low-budget grainy format.

That said, I passed, although with less margin than I feel comfortable about.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I experienced same problems on my 70-290 icon_cry.gif

however...what was hard tested on your 70-291 test:DNS?,DHCP,RRAS?
  • nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm scheduled to take this test on the 21st, and my biggest focus so far for this test has been on DNS. I would also expect to see quite a few RRAS questions and DHCP, but I have a feeling DNS is the key to this one.
  • nouveaux21nouveaux21 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey when you fail a test, dont you have to wait 2 weeks to take it again... or is that just a 'recommendation'? Microsoft's site seems to have that as a requirement, but if it isnt then maybe ill schedule my retake for a week from now or something...

:/

At any rate, I'll be really happy once i have 291 behind me!

-Nouveaux21
  • StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    You can retake it any time when you fail the first time. Two weeks wait if you fail after that...