Options

Anyone ever seen this error

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
when trying to access mapped drive user gets this message

windows cannot find quopikobo.exe

HAS ANYONE VER SEEN THIS ERROR?

thanks
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you have a virus and it probably attached itself to a command, find a program that will reset file associations would be my guess. I know a lot of times crap will happen like if you get something that messes up .exe and it will have some switch after that tells it to to run other crap.

Also make sure the person's proxy settings haven't been altered.

Good luck.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What wweboy said. It sounds like you've got malware on there and its hooked into something. The filename looks like something that was randomly generated to make it difficult for you to find information about it.

If you can, I'd get this machine reinstalled from scratch. If it is malware then it could have done anything to the OS or applications.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    kenny504 wrote: »
    when trying to access mapped drive user gets this message

windows cannot find quopikobo.exe

HAS ANYONE VER SEEN THIS ERROR?

thanks

Has the file moved?
    Does the user still have rights to that Drive?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?