Options

Fortinet

dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anybody heard of Fortinet and their certifications? What is the weight of it, i mean, is it worth it?
It is basically a Hardware firewall with which you can monitor the network traffic and websites visited and block unwanted websites and all.

Please let me know what do you guys think?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Heard of them - yes

Demo'd some of their products year/maybe two ago...not bad, just didn't satisfy exactly what we'd hoped.

We've since moved on, but there is nothing 'wrong' with their product, we simply needed something with a better managment console and some additional feature (which escape me at the moment).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    We're replacing the NetScreens we have in our client offices with Fortinets. We're pleased with them.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Yep use em at my place. Wasnt aware they did a cert, might have to look at it. Cant really think why at the moment, but cant hurt to look lol

I'm not turning into a cert wh0re...... I'm not dang it! lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hold the FCNSA, took it a couple of months ago. Not too difficult.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Lizano wrote: »
    I hold the FCNSA, took it a couple of months ago. Not too difficult.

What resources did you use for this?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What resources did you use for this?

Mainly campus.training.fortinet.com , they have stuff there to guide you. I think I also have a PDF on it. If you're interested in pursuing it let me know. I'll see if I have something to share.

I actually now have to go for the FCNSP, not thrilled about it because it's gonna put me behind on my CCSP studies, but it's becoming sort of a requirement so I'll be taking a shot at it in the next few months. They do have a very respectable product with some cool features.