Options

I am a CCNA !!!!!

irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I went and took the ICND 2 today and passed with a score of 879. I found this test to be a lot easier than the ICND 1. The majority of the questions I received were configuration and troubleshooting related.

I used......
A lot of pizza
Cbtnuggets (Jeremy Cioara is the man)
Todd Lammle CCNA
Chris bryants material
transcender
techexams.net
packet tracer
GNS3
2 3640 routers

Take care,
Sean

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    irishpunk wrote: »
    I used......
    A lot of pizza
    Hum.... I see potential to a new hybrid study method: "One Chapter, One Slice, One Beer" :D

But might have to read the chapter while on an Exercycle to account for the extra "study motivation" icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »

Hum.... I see potential to a new hybrid study method: "One Chapter, One Slice, One Beer" :D

But might have to read the chapter while on an Exercycle to account for the extra "study motivation" icon_lol.gif

And as soon as you walk in for a job interview we already know just how knowledgeable you are just by looking at your gut. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    x5150x5150 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! what was your timeline?
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
    Congrats!

I earned my CCENT just over a year ago and took a long break. Just picked up my studies again. Jeremy and Chris may be the best out there!

I am glad to hear you thought ICND2 was easier than ICND1. For some reason I am not as confident studying for ICND2. I am using the Boson Exam right now and doing "ok," to brush up on my material.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    super was easier cause you studied your arse off dude..
    good job !icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    super was easier cause you studied your arse off dude..
    good job !icon_thumright.gif

Nah I don't think the test is that hard. I was playing MW2 till 2 in the morning the night before my exam.

Ruling out the wrong answers first helps though.
    - Pete
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    I am glad to hear you thought ICND2 was easier than ICND1. For some reason I am not as confident studying for ICND2. I am using the Boson Exam right now and doing "ok," to brush up on my material.

I'd love to get everyones opinion on ICND1 vs ICND2. Which did everyone thinks was easier?
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cbtnuggets (Jeremy Cioara is the man)
    Todd Lammle CCNA
    Chris bryants material
    transcender
    techexams.net
    packet tracer
    GNS3
    2 3640 routers

the above is a lot of study pure and simple!
    you either been doing it awhile or you studied. there is no read a book and you just get it while playing video games. I will never believe that line of bull I have lived too long and seen that kind of stuff before ..you either put the time in or you didnt and it is all easy when you do that.
    there are no free rides and no free lunch I dont care who you are.
    i took the composite exam oh yeah before that I took 3 months
    off in hawaii and didnt study a thing and got a 890 yeah! composite too 802

you put the time in and get the nice results....icon_cool.gif

playing MW 2 nite before doesnt mean you didnt put the time in...I know you did
    see you at the top! 802 composite wasnt too hard since I put the time in
  • Options
    Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    spartangtr wrote: »
    I'd love to get everyones opinion on ICND1 vs ICND2. Which did everyone thinks was easier?

ICND1. But they weren't really that hard. So as long as you have a general idea of the topics you can rule out 1 - 2 answers of the multiple choice and you really should be able to remember the commands for router OSPF, EIGRP and RIPv2. STP is a big one as well.
    - Pete
  • Options
    Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by mikej412
    Hum.... I see potential to a new hybrid study method: "One Chapter, One Slice, One Beer"

Actually I preferred drinking beer while I was configuring mock networks. That way in the morning I got to practice my troubleshooting skills icon_rolleyes.gif

It took approximately 6 weeks of studying for me to pass the ICND1 and about the same for ICND2 it should be noted that I'm currently unemployed and a compulsive studier. When you put those two together it adds up to between 5 and 8 hours of studying everyday. The other thing that really helps is networking is fun and addicting.

take care,
    Sean
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass and good luck in your job hunt.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Thanks Aldur I appreciate it as far as the job hunt goes I'm just trying to stay positive Its still ugly out my way in terms of jobs but something will come up I'm sure.

Take care,
    Sean
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • Options
    sniper_heresniper_here Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mart28mart28 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278