Options

Post here if you have taken 2005 Net+ BETA, taking test 12/7

2»

Comments

• Options
    XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know the passing score for beta test?
    Is it also "646 on a scale of 100-900" like n10-002 ?
  • Options
    LrubyLruby Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    signed up to take the beta exam on the 30th of December, and will need prob more luck then I have... thanx for all the info people put out there, aside from making it more frieghtful, it's very helpfull.

I'm using

www.studyexam4less.com (offering a free Beta study guide it seems)
    www.mcmcse.com (great cliff notes)

and whatever else I can find. Gonna check out those other sites people mentioned, if you know of more &/or better please let me know.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Be sure and use the TechNotes and Practice Exams here on TechExams. I found that the practice exams are a good indicator of readiness.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    ehadsellehadsell Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    XCommand wrote:
    Hello ehadsell,
    What about Mac OS questions?
    Was it 120 minutes or 90 minutes?
    How many 10GBase questions?(xxxxxx)
    Thank you

Wow, I forgot most of what was on it already. Didn't see much Mac OS, no 10GBase.

The test was 90 minutes.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    stallion750,

That's the CompTIA Career ID Number(The term is actually a registered trademark!), and the same number is on all certs.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well, i took the test today and must say i like what i saw. even thought i didnt know the answers to alot of the questions. the test doesnt seem too hard, but you would definatly have to be familiar with many subjects to be able to pass. I might have passed , leaning towards didnt pass. There were a couple questions on apple security, which i know nothing about. There were a couple questions on fiber connectors which i was unsure. Its gonna be hit or miss.

Glad i took it tho. if i didnt pass, i would not be affraid to go pass it on the second go around.
  • Options
    question: what the heck is traceroute /dig?
  • Options
    XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Traceoute is a Windows command
    Dig is a Linux command.
    They do the same thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    i got some question that i didnt know the answer to about diagnosing an email server for excess mail traffic. One of the options was tracert/dig. i guess i got that one wrong ,lol. I know what trace route is, but i had no idea what this switch was and i didnt think the other answers were correct. oh well. I got really confused when i saw another question with the same option to select from. icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Well, I finally took the beta exam on Wednesday, December 29th. I must agree with Non-Profit Techie, the exam was well balanced and you must be familiar with many subjects. I'm not sure how I did on the exam, but I'm glad I was able to take it for free. :D

Anyway, back to studying for my CCNA!
  • Options
    TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It wasn't quite as difficult as I imagined it would be. I made a little tick on my scratch pad every time there was a question that even remotely made me question myself; I ended up with 30 ticks. (I was starting to get a little down on myself about that, but then realized I'd be feeling pretty good if I had done it the other way and had 60 ticks on the page from questions that didn't give me any problem whatsoever.)

There were a LOT of questions about fiber; I'm glad I studied the new 10Gbase stuff from the Cisco site linked to in an earlier post. 2 questions about Mac OS. No thinnet or thicknet questions. Only needed to know the ports listed on Comptia's list of 2005 objectives. Several questions about IP classes and private ranges.

I'm feeling kinda good about the results. It had been hard to guage how I did because I had some runs of easy questions followed by a string of harder ones. I think that if I don't pass, I'll only have missed it by a couple questions. My original plan was that if I don't pass, I'll take the current test before the 2005 test goes into effect, but after experiencing the Beta I think I might just wait for the 2005 objectives anyway. I don't think its going to be as hard as some people imagine.

I more bit of info (for what its worth): the receptionist at the testing facility thinks that Comptia will use the rollout of the new 2005 objectives to raise their test prices again.
  • Options
    Comptia's website is stating that the close date for the Beta test is January 9th. It will still take up to 60 days to receive the results.
  • Options
    Travler wrote:
    Comptia's website is stating that the close date for the Beta test is January 9th. It will still take up to 60 days to receive the results.

60 from when people take it , or 60 from the close date?
  • Options
    It will be 60 days from the close date. This allows them time to "weigh" the questions and discard the ones they decide are too easy or too hard. After they do this, then they will decide what a passing score will be and then grade the beta test takers accordingly.
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Sheesh! I'll end up getting my CCNA Cert before I find out about my Network+ beta results.
  • Options
    TimDWTimDW Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    XCommand wrote:
    Traceoute is a Windows command
    Dig is a Linux command.
    They do the same thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

dig (Linux) does the same as nslookup
    traceroute is the Linux-equivalent of tracert in Windows
  • Options
    JJJJJJJJJJ Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

I took the test today, I had only found out about it a few days ago. I studied quite a bit (~16hrs) and found some questions to be common knowledge to me. There were quite a few that were absolutely of no idea to me. Some mac questions, wireless, vpn.

To say if I passed or not, I have no idea, it can go either way. This is due to the 75 or so required grade for a pass. Not as much margin for error.

90 questions 90 minutes.

Peace!
  • Options
    wallacestevenswallacestevens Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    question: what the heck is traceroute /dig?

Just came across this, seems no one answered.

That's cause nobody knows :) There ain't no such switch.

Dig is a separate program, supplies "advanced" (a lot of) info about a host from a name server.

They both exist in linux, unix and windows versions.