Options

Potential

Hello, been lurking around this site and boards for awhile. You guys are awesome with the information and advice you provide. Anyway, a couple years from now, I will be getting out of the military. I am a network technician for the Air Force, doing lots of WAN, Satellite, and other networking type stuff. What do you think about the resume I will have at the end and does it have the potential to get a good job? Thanks.

6 years experience as a network technician:
-SIPRnet
-NIPRnet
-hard encryption
-various telecom equipment - IDNX, Timeplex, CSU/DSU, SONET, T-Carrier, ATM, satellite connectivity
-customer service

Education:
-Associate of Science, Electronic Systems Technology
-Associate of Science, Networking Technology
-Technical schooling, Air Force
-Career Developement Courses (self study, must pass a test), Communications/Computer Systems Control...this incorporates basic networking, signal theory, quality control, troubleshooting techniques, network media

Certifications:
CompTIA Network+
Cisco CCNA

Open security clearance

Thanks a bunch all! icon_cool.gif
Reloaded~4~Ever

Comments

• Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    You shouldn't have any problems finding employment after your honorable commitment. All of the big guys are hiring quality network engineers, especially if they have military experiance.

If possible pushing your Cisco cert to next level and rounding it off with a Security cert would be a bonus, especially if Uncle Sam will foot the bill.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Like fondue said, you really shouldn't have any trouble finding a job.
  • Options
    knownasthatguyknownasthatguy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the same in the navy. You need to fix your acronyms for you equipment. The timeplex you worked on, if I remember correctly, is an ATT Link 2+ TDM for voice and data systems. The IDNX I believe was a digital cross connect between a tdm and land line carrier networks. The idnx is an industry std. cross connect. The rest is good. good luck, i havent been able to find any jobs with my exp. I am getting my ccna this friday and will be going for my ccnp next semester. Hopefully all will work out.
    Is it getting bright in here, or am I just cool like that
  • Options
    The timeplex you worked on, if I remember correctly, is an ATT Link 2+ TDM for voice and data systems. The IDNX I believe was a digital cross connect between a tdm and land line carrier networks.

icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    linuxguylinuxguy Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My military expereance got me a good job,
    I was a tech/admin for the army. I got good expereance and that lead to some good certs and now a good job. get certs, and keep looking.

best wishes.
    If you do not feel like a newbie you probably should. :)
  • Options
    knownasthatguyknownasthatguy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    use unclassified/classified internet/intranet
    Is it getting bright in here, or am I just cool like that
  • Options
    reloaded: You misspelled 'Screwing' in your avatar.
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    reloaded: You misspelled 'Screwing' in your avatar.

I hate you. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I remember seeing a t-shirt that said " Instant Ass-Hole just add oil." & picture of Bush pointing like uncle Sam...

Back 2 topic..You should find a job just fine. Keep up the good work & honorable duty. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    icon_lol.gif
    Can't help 'luvin' Americans and their big sense of humour.
    Hard times on planet earth.