Options

70-648 How tuff is it?

I am thinking of doing the 70-648 and starting the MCSA upgrade process before I get pushed into it later. For anyone who has done the 648 is it as hard as doing the MCSA the first time around?
Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I thought it was pretty tough but not as hard as say the 291.

The exam seemed to be similar to the 291 with 70-640 stuff thrown in plus all the new features that server 2008 brings.

I took a risk on doing the 648 rather than the 640/642 route and it paid off - preferred to do one exam rather than two. (had second shot on it but did not need it, thankfully)
  • Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    I thought it was pretty tough but not as hard as say the 291.

The exam seemed to be similar to the 291 with 70-640 stuff thrown in plus all the new features that server 2008 brings.

I took a risk on doing the 648 rather than the 640/642 route and it paid off - preferred to do one exam rather than two. (had second shot on it but did not need it, thankfully)

Thanks for the heads up neathneathneath. I was afraid it might be largely a 2k8 version of the 291 exam. The fewer the exams the better I hear that.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.