Options

Getting Ready for the CCNA

MeastMeast Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've scheduled my CCNA exam for June 18, 2010 at 4pm. I'm so anxious to take this exam that at times I can't sleep at night.

The study material that I'm using is below (In order from present (1) to future (2-4):

1. CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle (Currently reading at Ch. 3)
I read a chapter per night and complete the review chapter test twice once after reading and the next day before the next chapter.
2. Testout CCNA for exam 640-802
3. CCNA Syngress book by Dale Liu
4. My home lab ( 2-2950 Switches & 2-2620XM Routers)

Would this be efficient enough to pass or am I over doing it?

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Meast,

I think you have a good amount of study material. I would suggest that you add in one more cheap router to act as a frame relay switch. Other than that, you have the reading material, the equipment and the motivation. Good luck and post to the forums if you run into something that doesn't sit right with you! Good luck.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you have your bases covered my friend. As peanutnoggin said one more router for frame relay would be nice or GNS3 if you don't want to spend the money. And if you really want the CCNA experience one more 2950 but its not essential.

take care
    Sean
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah another router for Frame Relay, I use an el cheapo 2505 for mine. Of course if you want to go above and beyond the CCNA you might want something a little better.
  • Options
    MeastMeast Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks fellas for the insight, I just purchased a 2520 16/16 Router for the frame-relay with an additional DTE/DCE cable.