Options

BSCI Lab

colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys

I am currently setting up my BSCI lab and wanted a few pointers, if possible? I can gather most hardware from my work so if anyone has any suggestions re equipment to add then please throw it out there and I will let you know if its possible to grab it from work!

So far I have

1 x 2610
1 x 2611Xm-RPS
1 x 2612
1 x 2620
2 x 2800 (not sure of model as at another site)

I dont know the current IOS versions but I will upgrade prior to setting the lab up. I also have 1 x WIC1T and 1 x WIC2T - I am guessing I will need to invest in some more WIC cards??? I currently have 4 x X.21 DTE/DCE cables

Also I have a couple of 3560 L3 switches I can utilise if required - how does this sound???

Any help at all greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    colink24 wrote: »
    Guys

I am currently setting up my BSCI lab and wanted a few pointers, if possible? I can gather most hardware from my work so if anyone has any suggestions re equipment to add then please throw it out there and I will let you know if its possible to grab it from work!

So far I have

1 x 2610
    1 x 2611Xm-RPS
    1 x 2612
    1 x 2620
    2 x 2800 (not sure of model as at another site)

I dont know the current IOS versions but I will upgrade prior to setting the lab up. I also have 1 x WIC1T and 1 x WIC2T - I am guessing I will need to invest in some more WIC cards??? I currently have 4 x X.21 DTE/DCE cables

Also I have a couple of 3560 L3 switches I can utilise if required - how does this sound???

Any help at all greatly appreciated

The lab sounds great. I would get the layer 3 switches just to use them if you have the ability to do so. I highly recommend the BSCI lab portfolio if you do not have that yet for some guidance on labbing. I used that as well as the BSCI Exam Certification Guide.
  • Options
    colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I got a copy of the lab portfolio :) I had a quick glance through a few days ago but I want to make sure I am all good on the setup I get my head into the book(s)

I got the 3560's from my BCMSN studies so may well use it for connecting up some hosts for testing etc instead of loopbacks

How about the WIC's? Will I be hampered in any way if im only connecting the routers via ethernet interfaces? Ive done some of the CBT's already so notice I want to be playing with bandwidth commands etc (I believe this is also in the lab portfolio?)