Options

phew! jncie-er for another 2 years

zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
passed the jncis-er today. definitely not like my speedy and high scoring jncis-m performance. but it was a good enough, and i'll take it! :) good for another 2 years.

things worked out well for this. company was making me take the jncis-sec, but i just passed that a couple months ago and don't quite need to recert that yet ;) so i convinced them to let me take the jncis-er instead. found out the day before they were going to let me do that, so i spent a few hours over the night on next-hop and interface service sets, nat, stateful fw, ipsec vpns. i felt pretty good with what i covered and was feeling good going into the test. and worst case, free exam and nothing on the line. but man, i do not like that test at all, and was not feeling too good during the test. i used a good portion of the exam time and had tons marked for review and passed by 4 or 5 questions.

so i'm good for 2 years now, and didn't spend the week or two or three of studying like i would have tried squeezing in early june. i can now happily forget all about service sets again :)

only bad part, my jncie-m and jncie-er will now be expiring even closer to each other now. about a month apart. doh!

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! You'd think that doing one JNCIE would renew all of you certs (the way cisco does it) but I guess not. Great job! What is up next for you?
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats, nice work!

What happens if you don't take a JNCIS-xx exam to renew? Does the JNCIE-xx certification fully lapse, or is there a probationary/suspension period where you can take the JNCIS-xx exam before it fully expires?
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif

Man I'm losing my edge here, can't think of anything to make fun of zoidberg with this... gotta take some time out to sharpen my smack talking skills!
    seraphus wrote: »
    Congrats, nice work!

What happens if you don't take a JNCIS-xx exam to renew? Does the JNCIE-xx certification fully lapse, or is there a probationary/suspension period where you can take the JNCIS-xx exam before it fully expires?

I believe if you don't renew a JNCIE by taking the required JNCIS within the 2 year period that it fully expires. Not entirely sure though.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Congrats...

The cert is deactivated ... and I guess if you pass within next 6-12 months you should get it active again...

I really hate Juniper in this regard though... Cisco has this CCIE written that can re certify all certs... It's a tough one to read.. but hey not bad if you have to read just one topic...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks guys

ya, i'm not too sure exactly how they handle deactivated or expired. not too eager to find out :)

but this recert sucks. how can i keep E, M, ER, EX, SEC, FWV, JUNOS all active? plus whatever else they come up with? i already let the E (ERX) slide. and what renews the JNCIA-JUNOS? i don't think any of the JNCIS exams trigger a recert there since it's all off on it's own track. i hope i'm wrong there. whatever though, not like i'm too worried about losing JNCIA-JUNOS :) really sucks cuz all my certs are falling into alignment. q1/q2 2012 will be d-day. all my cisco and juniper are expiring :S (unless i get one or two of those pesky ccie labs out of the way ;) that's what nextish if i can ever find the time.)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the re-certification icon_cheers.gif

I'm hoping that Juniper picks up the Cisco re-certification model some day....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!