Options

Cert Guard domain for sale

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
Contact Us

Yes, sadly, CertGuard is for sale. We thought we had a great idea here but we just couldn't handle it on our own. That's why we're hoping to sell the website, the idea, and all the technology behind CertGuard to someone who can take it to the level it should be at. Included is our Industry first, Trusted Seal of Approval Licensing as well as the databases that power our search engine. CertGuard.com IS listed within the DMOZ and has thousands of relevant back links. We will accept Cash, Cashier's Check, Eligible and Verified PayPal Payment or Wire Transfer. Serious offers only, please.

Once we receive your request we will endeavour to contact you within 3 business days

I hope this falls into some good hands :)
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    While I seriously commend their efforts, thousands of new **** sites pop up on regular basis (mostly run by the same few people, but with different names/looks). It has to be daunting to try and keep up.

Without generating some sort of revenue, im surprised they kept it going this long.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sad to hear it's not working out. I saw the notice while checking out a practice test someone had mentioned. As long as people continue using **** more will continue to pop up. Hopefully certgard winds up in the right hands. How about youicon_wm.gif ?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They'll probably get bought by a **** site.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Another example of how doing the right thing is harder than doing the wrong thing. Sorry to hear about this. Safe to say most of of here hate dumpers, so your efforts have been appreciated.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Okay, that was just depressing... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    earweed wrote: »
    Sad to hear it's not working out. I saw the notice while checking out a practice test someone had mentioned. As long as people continue using **** more will continue to pop up. Hopefully certgard winds up in the right hands. How about youicon_wm.gif ?
    Besides a lack of time, a couple of years before CertGuard started we already discussed and considered something similar with a group of (then more active) 'clean' cert sites but came to the conclusion, simply put, we rather mention the good guys than point out the bad guys. The number of bad sites was imo exploding back then already (more bad than good), but now well...

Regardless, I agree with you, it is sad to hear it's not working out and I sure hope it ends up in good hands. Based on the contact I've had with him in the past and after all his efforts I'm sure he will leave it in good hands. I used to put a lot of time in mapping and reporting **** sites to vendors and vue/prometric (together with my friend Jason, owner of mcmcse.com) and I got kinda tired of running into walls. Not that they don't care and nor did we stop caring but eventually it made me decide to put my energy in keeping TE clean and a support for earning certifications, rather than deal with the depressing issue of **** on the internet all day, and it sure can be depressing. It was 'hopeful' to see someone else take on that role and dedicate so much time and a entire site on it (even though we don't share the same approach). Besides that, I've seen enough 'good' cert site owners quit over the years, always a sad thing.

Maybe it's something for the vendors to finance and improve, but well, one sucker buying a **** is enough for the **** site owner to register a handful of new domains. There will always be people who want to **** and others who want to make money on those people, as long as they stay away from TE and TE is available for those who want to earn their certs and really learn something while at it I'm :D. I'd be icon_cheers.gif if there wouldn't be cheaters and **** sites but I learned that ideal just isn't realistic.

Though many **** sites nowadays flat out state they offer the most 'actual' and 'latest', my advice has always been to stay away from any site that sells exams in PDF guides and/or provide exams for more certifications and vendors than the reputable practice exam providers do. And if it walks like duck... Almost all of them are clones of the major **** sites. CertGuard needed to do a bit more research to verify a site provides actual exams before labeling them as a **** site, but you don't have to take any risk before labeling them as something you will want to avoid.

We usually filter new **** sites only when we need to (e,g. when the site is plugged here in a post or slips through our google filters) but we still update it regularly. If you have any doubts about a certain practice test provider 'preview' a post here with the name in it, if it turns out like ******** you'll want to stay away from that site.

Easier, stick to the known reputable prep test, CBT, and book publishers and you should be safe. New companies with legit products that want to enter the arena will know how to find us and other reputable cert sites for reviews etc. (and the **** sites know which doors are closed to them).
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259

Made me lol... but it is probably true.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sad situation but a very nice post Webmaster. It is your dedication that keeps people here and others coming back.

This is Sparta err TechExams !!!

hmmm no strike out in vbulletin eh

Maybe this
    <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">{param}</span>

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is sad, when I was checking a web site I always went to CertGuard to check it. I hope somebody with good intentions can get it.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Ugh, that means I'll have to change my signature.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent write up Webmaster! I sure hope the site ends up in good hands.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker