Options

CBS-Cyber Security video

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    interesting... shocking to see that companies will buy stolen/hacked data and build their plants/factories to the same specs...
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    anyone else notice china's video monitors were mainly gamers?
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wweboy wrote: »
    anyone else notice china's video monitors were mainly gamers?

Someone has to farm WoW gold :D

Pretty cool video, most people live in a happy world where no harm could ever come about when in reality our society as we know it is really fairly fragile.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Watching this just reaffirms my belief that security knowledge in IT is just going to become more and more valuable.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Someone has to farm WoW gold :D

Pretty cool video, most people live in a happy world where no harm could ever come about when in reality our society as we know it is really fairly fragile.

It is, but I think most people (and countries) are afraid to "push the red button" in fear of the reprocussions.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    fly351 wrote: »
    interesting... shocking to see that companies will buy stolen/hacked data and build their plants/factories to the same specs...

No insult intended, but I am shocked that you are shocked! Corporate espionage is not at all unusual, and countries helping their national companies steal corporate secrets is nothing new.

Here is some recent corporate espionage article:

http://www.csoonline.com/article/337713/Nation_States_Espionage_and_Counterespionage?page=2
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    No insult intended, but I am shocked that you are shocked! Corporate espionage is not at all unusual, and countries helping their national companies steal corporate secrets is nothing new.

Here is some recent corporate espionage article:

Nation States' Espionage and Counterespionage - CSO Online - Security and Risk

I have heard of corporate espionage, but not to the level stealing designs for entire buildings. I guess it's all the same though.
    CCNP :study: