Options

I too failed the 70-271

sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I will be retaking it in a couple of months, before my second shot runs out. I know the topics, I think what threw me was how the questions were worded.

Well, back to the books!!

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your retake! Look at your exam breakout and study harder on the areas that you scored lower in. Good luck!!! icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    lalooshlaloosh Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Out of curiosity, what did you use for your test prep?

I'm taking 70-271 one week from today and have worked my way through the MS Press Self-Paced Training Kit (and dozens of practice tests on the Readiness Review Suite).
  • Options
    Ernest VillarrealErnest Villarreal Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    laloosh wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what did you use for your test prep?

I'm taking 70-271 one week from today and have worked my way through the MS Press Self-Paced Training Kit (and dozens of practice tests on the Readiness Review Suite).

can anyone give me some tips on test engine used to pass the test.

thanks
  • Options
    I used transcender and did not like it. I also read two books thomson prometric mcdst guide and microsoft academic course, both had cd's for practice. I have a second shot and I am taking that in June. I have the 272 scheduled for May 15th.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    sdyess wrote: »
    I used transcender and did not like it. I also read two books thomson prometric mcdst guide and microsoft academic course, both had cd's for practice. I have a second shot and I am taking that in June. I have the 272 scheduled for May 15th.
    Good luck on both these tests, Sdyess.
    I'm curious, have you been labbing much in your preparation for these tests? I've found that "doing" helps the learning process.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I have done a little bit. I will be doing more as I get closer to the test date. It is the questions that I have an issue with. I read them one way, and I don't think it is the right way. I wish there were other study materials out there, kind of like with the net+.
  • Options
    I finally passed the 20-271 I had a score of 716 but a pass is a pass is a pass. Now on to the 70-272
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?