Options

New to site

jerladdjerladd Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
How's it goin? I just found out about this site a couple days ago when I did a google search for practice Net+ exams. I must say that I wish I had found out about it sooner it has some good info. I took my Net+ cert today and passed it. I'm a bad test taker so I was done with 72 questions and a survey in 35 min. I'm glad I passed but I look forward to using this site because I'm going for Security + next. If anyone has taken it lemme know how it went. Take it easy

Jeremy
How's it going.
"Trial ware is free ware"

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Check the Security+ section.

It's a joy... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    So what would you suggest taking, the Server+ or Security+? Just trying to get some opinions
    How's it going.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the board :)

Congrats on your pass icon_thumright.gif

Take Server+ - it's closer to Net+ and is a fair bit easier. I was a good test taker and never failed one in my life until I met Sec+ icon_confused.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    welcome to the site
  • Options
    Yea I think I'll be swinging by some Barnes and Noble this weekend to browse for a security+ and server+ book. I'm just glad I got that net+ out of the way, the osi model is a pain the neck, I don't care how much you think you have it memorized it always seems to get more difficult. Thanks everyone for the congrats, I'll keep ya posted and hopefully by the 15th of Jan I'll have either sec+ or serv+ depending on which one I choose to study
    How's it going.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jerladd wrote:
    Barnes and Noble

There a rip off! Try www.bookpool.com you can save some money! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Or try a search on Amazon, they have some good used and new selections which may be worth taking a look at :)
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    try newsgroups, lol
  • Options
    bendaybenday Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is Security+ a good one to try for your first one, or is there one that is better for those that are taking their first CompTIA test?

I have the books for A+, N+, and Sec+ so I can start anywhere. What's the diff between Server+ and N+?

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP!!!
    Computers have caused more acidents than guns and alcohol combined. There sure are a lot of dumb people out there....
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Is Security+ a good one to try for your first one,

NO! Absolutely not.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but you'll more than likely fail it. You really need the Network+ knowledge, plus it's helpful to get used to the format of an exam. Security+ is one of, if not the toughest exam that CompTIA offers. Not in it's content, just in the wording of the questions and it's broad range of information it pulls questions from.

I would definately start with your Network+, then possibly go for the Security+ exam afterwards. I, like Russ, was a good test taker and hadn't failed any of the tests I had taken...until I took the Sec+ exam.
  • Options
    Those are some good sites and I will definitely be ordering my books from there, I hit a good sale at Books a Million because B&N didn't have what I was looking for. I just went ahead and got the Security+ book by Exam Cram 2 and along with a test booklet for sec+ by EC2 with over 700 questions and explinations. I found a good Server+ book by Sybex and went ahead and picked it up. So hopefully by the end of January I'll be ready to take another cert. Yall take it easy and once again thanks for the sites.
    How's it going.