Options

70-271

Ernest VillarrealErnest Villarreal Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I getting ready to take the 70-271, has any one out there used the exam cram measureup? if so I would like to get some pointers on test engines out there HELP!!

Comments

• Options
    sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Transcender and did not like it and I still failed using it. The questions were the same ones repeated over and over no matter if took the timed test or the others. I did not like it at all.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sdyess wrote: »
    I used Transcender and did not like it and I still failed using it. The questions were the same ones repeated over and over no matter if took the timed test or the others. I did not like it at all.

I've used Transcender for A+ Network+ and I am now using it for the MCSA exams. I have always found it to be a valuable tool.

It depends on how many questions are involved, I think my 70-270 only has 85 questions so if all you do is use transcender you will memorize these pretty quickly and be scoring 100% just because of answer recognition. Once the real exam gets placed in front of you, your memorization won't help you. (In most cases, some questions off my transcender's I had nearly word for word on the test.)

Also Transcender does offer a guarentee. I forget the exact details, but if you are scoring X on practice tests they either pay for the software or for a retake. Check out their site for more details.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, they refund the cost of the test engine. That is exactly what happened, I had all of the answers memorized, I did not think they would pop up in the real test, and they did not. I am back to the books.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, they refund the cost of the test engine. That is exactly what happened, I had all of the answers memorized, I did not think they would pop up in the real test, and they did not. I am back to the books.

Transcender, and all practice questions, are meant to help you prepare for the test and to get a feel of whether you are ready or not. They are not meant to be used as a study tool.

It is very easy to memorize 9x9, but when the actual test comes and it asks you what 8x8 is, you better understand why 9x9=81 so that you can apply it to 8x8. From time to time the test questions will give you answers, but usually they are just a guide so you know what you know and what you don't know so you can efficiently use your time studying the things you don't know.

All the time I will get a question about something that I don't know, and this prompts me to search the internet and read entire pages about what it is about, often forum posts or technet.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's best to use practice tests as a way to measure where your weak points are. If I take the same practice test more than twice and review the correct answers afterward I get answer recognition.
    I just take it in cert mode and don't review the correct answers. That way I just note my weak areas, restudy, and then redo the test. After the second or third time taking the test I'll review correct answers and make notes of them and restudy.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Ernest VillarrealErnest Villarreal Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□

Thanks to everyone for the tips. God Bless!! I just ordered the MS self pase kit I will hit the books as soon as i get it