please help me decide between 2 exams.

dlx509dlx509 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
if i already have my A+ certification, which of these 2 exams you think will help me get a job easier?
Network+ OR MCSE(in windows XP only).
???i am ready for both but the money is short. grin.gif

any suggestions will be greatly accepted!
Goal for 2013:
[ ] ICND1 [ ] ICND2 [ ] Network+ [ ] SSCP [ ] Security+

Be so good that they can't ignore you.

Comments

• SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What do you mean by MCSE in Windows XP only? The MCSE consists of several exams and covers Windows Server 2003 technologies...
  • sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    dlx509 wrote: »
    if i already have my A+ certification, which of these 2 exams you think will help me get a job easier?
    Network+ OR MCSE(in windows XP only).
    ???i am ready for both but the money is short. grin.gif

any suggestions will be greatly accepted!

I don't understand your question. I would say the MCSE would be more valuable than say a N+ (entry level cert, IMO)

If you mean you are just starting out and looking to get your foot in the door, stick with the entry level certs first. (A+ N+) A MCSE with no experience lack credibility.
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    An entry level windows XP certification would be MCDST. That may be what you would want to look at although you may want to move on to the Net+ first. If for no other reason then you should still have time to sit the exam and have the certification for life and not have to update it every 3 years.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    More specifically 70-271 and 70-272 at $125 each will give you the titles MCP after the first exam and MCDST after the second exam. MCSE is 7 exams at $125 each and a very time comsuming study process.

Since you already have an A+ the MCDST will give you a better chance of landing an entry level help desk job. Net+ with no experience not so much.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • dlx509dlx509 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks to all of you guys.
    im going for the Net+ and the MCDST will be my next one.icon_thumright.gif
    Goal for 2013:
    [ ] ICND1 [ ] ICND2 [ ] Network+ [ ] SSCP [ ] Security+

Be so good that they can't ignore you.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    MCSE is 7 exams at $125 each and a very time comsuming study process.

And difficult.