Options

Windows 2000 pro issue

canaancanaan Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a user on for whom I'm trying to install flash player for his browser. The installation halts with the following message:

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modification. Please rerun the installation from an administrators account"

The user has admin privileges. And even when I try it logged in as "administrator" I get the same message.

I tried a recommendation that I found on the web, where I modified the permission for 2 registry keys('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software' and 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID'), but it didn't make a difference.

I would appreciate any help
Regards.

Canaan

Comments

• Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you logging into the pc with an administrator account that is within an Active Directory domain or the actual Administrator account for the local machine. Also if you can log into the local machine with the Administrators password, you can give full control permissions to the user to install the flash player and once installed, take away his permissions.
  • Options
    canaancanaan Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Pc is not part of an Active directory.
    I was able to install all kind of programs on it. It's only with flash player that we had a problem.
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    Maybe Your Using Internet Explorer, in which case thats your problem.
    ;) Get Firefox

Gawd