Options

VPN Connection

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
I'm hooking up a new building into out network. It will only have a max 8 users..I'm kinda looking into a WatchGuard FireboxX15. It will have a full VPN connection on a staticIP & a networked security system will hang on it also. No one has told me how well or not well these Firebox VPNs work. As of this moment I have a PIX501 w/ 10 user license ready roll. The VPN will be connecting to my PIX506 at corp. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    have you try vanguard or any d-link vpn capable box?
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    indyindy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Garv,
    i guess your query has been answered by now , if not here is what you can do .

you can terminate the users to the pix ,, you can do that 2 ways
    use PPTP with MPPE but again that not IPSEC and you cant use certs except in Win Xp Pro
    and
    you can use cisco Vpn clients to connect ,

You dont need the pix to have a static ip you connect it to a DSL and get a Public ip from the ISP when you connect each time

If you need more help let me know

i
    "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life, and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived."
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Thanks for the replys. I used the PIX501 box & gave it a static, used ipsec & created a key on both the PIX 506 & 501. I turned that PIX into a NAT, works great & has a nice tunnel to corp. Thanks.