Options

Question about the Net+ ports practice exam

jlcivjlciv Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are the ports that are reviewed on the identifying well-known ports exam all I need to review for net+ or are there other significant ports that I need to review that aren't on the practice exam?

icon_confused.gif:

In other words, should I feel safe just reviewing this practice exam?

Thanks,
jlciv

Comments

• Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Just know the common ports, it prolly wouldn't hurt to know others howevever. I only had a few port questions on my test and they concerned just the common ones.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im sure most of the port questions would be relative to what FTP or email uses. Im not going to go nuts learning about all of them, but like he said, were gonna have to know the most common, and know then well along with the services that use them.
  • Options
    crabeatercrabeater Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will take the test 12/14 so I don't know for sure. But I would guess that the 'common ports' section in Johan's TechNotes would be good to know - he has done the test and talked to others.

I would add DNS and DHCP/BootP to the list as I have seen practice question from other sources refering to them, at least indirectly.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Im not going to go nuts learning about all of them
    'All' would be a bit much indeed, you'll need to know at least the ones in our ports quiz. If you are going to work in networking or security, you'll have to know a lot more as they are quite essential.
    I would add DNS and DHCP/BootP to the list as I have seen practice question from other sources refering to them, at least indirectly.
    DHCP/Bootp would be a good addition indeed, I'll add those in the 2005 material. DNS is already listed though, and is indeed mandatory.
  • Options
    jlcivjlciv Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed Saturday 12/11 with a 726. Would have liked a better score. Good luck on your exam tomorrow!

:D

James
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass last saturday!!
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
  • Options
    crabeatercrabeater Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rather than make a new post, I'll do it here:

PASSED :D:D 12/14/04 using the $99 option from certify4less icon_eek.gif

THANKS for the web site!! From what I saw in the books, I would not have passed without it.
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cool beans. congrats