Failed ICND2

DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yep I was doing well, I knew I had spent too much time on certian questions but I had 2 minutes left and one question to go. The last questin.......A big sim. I had the pleasure of reading the question all the way before the screen blipped. My score 807 where 825 is passing.

A little bummed (more about the $125 than anything) but I am going to study up and take it agian, my overall scores weren't bad the lowest was what the sim pertained to, and of course a task I have performed a million times.

OOOPS!!! I thought I was in the regular ccna forum

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    OOOPS!!! I thought I was in the regular ccna forum
    Must be the post traumatic test syndrome icon_lol.gif -- I'll move it.

Say it 3 times fast -- Time Management -- Time Management -- Time Management.

I alway guess SIMs are about 50-75 points -- so a little more speed and should have it next time.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to hear this man. You'll def have it next try!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Must be the post traumatic test syndrome icon_lol.gif -- I'll move it.
    QUOTE]

Thanks! icon_redface.gif
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear this... but, get right back at it though--you are so close! I got my voucher for only $84, so check into those. They might have some left at that price, if you want to try again before 5/5/2010???

I have mine scheduled for tomorrow at noon icon_bounce.gif, so I am growing more nervous by the minute! However I just want to get it done and over with already!

I am curious what you used to study, as you were not too far off from a passing score. Also very curious if you used the boson practice test and where your scores were at before taking the exam?

Good luck next time, you should definitely nail it next time! icon_study.gif
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
    I am curious what you used to study, as you were not too far off from a passing score. Also very curious if you used the boson practice test icon_study.gif

I use ICND2 self study by Steve McQuerry, Cisco Press and CCNA Self Study Guide by Richard Deal. I also used CiscoKits CCNA lab book for some lab ideas along with a CCNA manual I got from A post by Black Ninja a few weeks to a month ago. I have a boson practice test but I didn't use it because I did so well when I took some others. I use them sparingly because I don't believe in taking the same practice test twice.

Good Luck!! I hope you do well, like Mikej412 said "Time Management."
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes Time Management!!! I'm going to start a new topic on that question alone, thanks and good luck! icon_study.gif
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • raptogerraptoger Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got overwhelmed by the sim and skipped it and even though I feel confident I answered all questions after that, I still failed very close. As agreed by most, anybody would be able to finish and pass if only, if only time were a little longer. I'll become more intimate with my routers and commands and will try in a week.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sorry to hear that. When is your next attempt scheduled for?
    I'll give it a shot next Thursday icon_wink.gif
    I really think Sims are very costly - Around 100 points !
    raptoger wrote: »
    I'll give it a shot next Thursday icon_wink.gif
    I really think Sims are very costly - Around 100 points !

That's around when I will take it too. I hope you the best.
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    you'll do fine this time around, you know what to expect and when you got your results back you saw your problem areas, and you should know what to work on.

whatever that sim was that caused you problems, you might wanna do it a few more times

maybe time pressure yourself

till you can do it from muscle memory, that's exactly why in the NetAcad classes in colleges, they drill into you that you MUST do those Packet Tracers!!!! The repetition is good for you.

If you ever find yourself going to pieces in the middle of the exam, just close your eyes for a minute, breath deeply, and then resume, it will probably help you a lot more than you think.

When you go into the exam, you should have the attitude of either you know it or you don't, there's nothing in between, that's exactly why the exam is either a pass or a fail.

Also, when you sit for it, before you begin, just picture the certificate with your name on it, that'll probably be like giving yourself a steroid shot full of confidence.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    All my gear is humming all day - I'm engraving those commands in the flash memory of my head instead of RAM because my NVRAM is full icon_lol.gif
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Are you able to mark questions for review on the CCNA?

What I do for other exams is give it my best quick guess, mark it for review, then come back to it if there is time.
    abefroman wrote: »
    No. Once you hit the Next button the question is gone forever -- so you have to get it right the first (and only) time you see the question.

The SIMLETs may give you an "Are you sure" warning -- so make sure you answered all parts of the SIMLET before hitting Yes.
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    mikej412 wrote: »
    No. Once you hit the Next button the question is gone forever -- so you have to get it right the first (and only) time you see the question.

The SIMLETs may give you an "Are you sure" warning -- so make sure you answered all parts of the SIMLET before hitting Yes.

Yikes, there goes my plan.
    abefroman wrote: »

What I do for other exams is give it my best quick guess, mark it for review, then come back to it if there is time.

Truth is "you either know it or don't." practice tests are for inspiration not for actually passing. My three rules are and will always be:

1. Don't take a practice test until you think you're ready for the real exam

2. You can only take the practice test once.

3. Don't attempt the real exam unless you pass a 90% or better on practice exam.

My opinion only!!
    I used to do that, but with Cisco, they dont want to give the answer by the questions ahead — a sort of Rosetta Stone type of thing.
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    I have found that the boson test sims are way harded then the actual exam. If you can score 70% on the boson you should be ok for the actual exam. Just my 2 cents.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    I have found that the boson test sims are way harded then the actual exam.

That was definitely my experience as well. When I take the practice tests I like to focus on not only the right answer, but the wrong ones as well. Before I sat for my exam I went through all of the questions and made sure I could explain why every wrong answer was wrong. I think that is just as important as knowing why the correct one is correct.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    As promised, I retook the test again today and passed!!!!
    That means only one thing: I'm CCNA at last :D
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□

Congrats! I aspire to reach your level. I am merely a level 315 Horseman while you are a level 720 Knight. Keep up the good work!

You working towards any other certifications?
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrads. I am going on the 27th to take mine. Almost two years later and I am finally can feel the end of the CCNA coming. I know I am ready for the test but never get my hopes to high. I will let you all know when I pass.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
    Thanks icon_cheers.gif

I'll try to get the CCNA Voice in a few weeks. I've been giving it a good shot at the same time I was doing the ICND2. I have the ip phones configured and alive already. Just need a more solid knowledge of all the ins and outs before I plunge in. Then I'll land my train on the CCNP track.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! Good luck on the CCNA Voice studies... I'm currently studying Voice stuff at the moment...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

Congats!!! And good luck moving forward.

banana-mario.gif
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! Good luck on the CCNA Voice studies... I'm currently studying Voice stuff at the moment...
    Thanks peanutnoggin, and good luck to you too on your Voice endeavor - it's a cool subject.
    passed!!!!
    Congratulations on the PASS icon_cheers.gif and the CCNA drunken_smilie.gif
  • mulcahydmulcahyd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif I passed ICND-2 everyone. I am now a CCNA today. After not being successful after 2 attempts at it. I am so relieved!

Some materials I used CBT Nuggets, ICND1 & 2 Cisco Press Books, CCNA Exam Cram Book. Free Router Simulator and labs as well. I studied pretty much every night for this exam.
    mulcahyd wrote: »
    I passed ICND-2
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    mulcahyd wrote: »
    After not being successful after 2 attempts
    Since you're a CCNA now, you can call them Practice Runs (if anyone ever asks) :D
  • brianjamesbrianjames Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ugh..just missed it, got an 821. Mostly messed up on time, with 5 questions to go and 10 mins, turned out 2 of the 5 were a sim and case.

Didnt help the test center was a hole with loud road construction just outside the window.

Ah well, back to it next week!