Options

Confidence to go for 70-680 test

mattymmattym Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i have just finished the MS Press Self Study Book

I am starting to do the practice tests. I have passed a few now, but still dont feel confident on going for the tests!

I am planning on just using the study mode, and slowly getting to know all 200 questions in there.

Are there any other practice exams anyone recommendeds?

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you feel that you are not quite ready for the test and need further materials, take a look at the resources sticky that Claymoore posted. They are excellent and should help to fill any gaps in your knowledge. Lab up as much as you can!

Good luck :)
  • Options
    well i am planning on going for the test on the 17th of this month

I did all the practices in the book, plus all the lesson reviews.

I getting over 90% on the tests, that came with the guide...

Does anyone know how similar the actual test questions are to the ones that come with the ms press book?

I have passed my 70-290 test, so i have experience with operating system tests.
  • Options
    i passed... by the smallest of margins (727)

i had 66 questions... and from the second i saw the first question i was never confident i would pass.

Once i had done them all, i reviewed them all and started doing a tally to count how many i was confident i had gotten right.

i needed to get 47 right to pass...

i must of got 48

As expected, i would of preferred a much better score, but this will do

Onto 70-291 to finish off my MCSA (70-680 was my elective, 70-270 was my client)

:):Dicon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gif:D:)

EMOTICON OVERLOAD!!!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good job, congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass.

Careful with this statement.
    mattym wrote: »
    I am planning on just using the study mode, and slowly getting to know all 200 questions in there.
    You don't want to just get to know all of the questions, you want to understand them. Many people use practice tests and get 100% on them. So they go take the test with a high confidence, and walk out with a huge failure. All they did was memorize those questions, and Microsoft changed things up.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And you're not going to see the same questions on your test. Practice tests are meant as a gage to see what areas you're weak in and need further study, at least that's how I use them.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.